Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
SLAM NOT GLAM!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a multi-effects pedal. Are these digitech's any good?

Buy DigiTech RP55 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal | Floor Guitar Effects | Musician's Friend

I would prefer one that didn't have amps/cabs built in, but just effects. If that exists? Also would I run this through the effects loop or the regular input? Right now the only pedal i'm using is my Boss NS-2, and i run that through the regular input.

I play a Peavey 5150 2x12 if that matters.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
I had a coupon from Guitar Center, so I just got one of those for $5 :lol:

I have no idea if it's going to be good, but a few friends of mine said they have tried them and they are awesome. I'll let you know what I think in about 3 days.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I used to own an RP like... 7-10 years ago. They are pretty good for the cheap price. You definitely couldn't say that are of particularly high quality, but you usually get what you pay for. For the price range, I would recommend one.

·

745 Posts
I have the RP250, and the RP55 is similiar- my opinion on it is quite positive, the effects alone are quite good and you don't have to turn on the amp/cab sim.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I'm a fan of TC Electronics stuff. IMHO, it's way better than Digitech offerings, but that's personal preference.I have the G-Sharp, wich I love (great value for the $) and tried a G-Major a couple of times and they're great units. Otherwise, like other have said, Boss GT-line is great... I'd go Boss before Digitech, especially when it comes to the RP units.

You should tried a couple of units before buying, see wich one sounds and works the way you like. It also comes down to how much you're willing to spend...

http://www.tcelectronic.com/guitareffects.asp

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

The Boss GT-8 is a great unit, especially for the price. I like mine a lot.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Into_Oblivion said:
Alright thanks guys, I'll keep my eye out for a Boss GT. Off topic question, but how hard is it to take a guitar with a tremolo bridge like a Floyd, and change it to fixed or string through bridge?
That would be a lot of work, for little benefit. Your best option is to block the tremolo. You can do this with wooden blocks, or you can buy something like a Tremol-No.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

playstopause said:
Easiest solution would be to just block the Floyd. Or use this :

Tremol-No™
Sniped! :lol:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^
:lol:

Yeah, I just don't even like changing strings on them. I currently don't have a guitar with a tremolo, but was looking at trading one of mine for a guitar with one and then making it fixed bridge.
With the Floyd beeing blocked, it's as easy to change the strings as a fixed bridge, IMO.

·
lick the wounds
29 Posts
I've always wanted to make that jump for an effects processor cause i think i can really improve on my sound and writing if i give it that extra depth. Right now im just using a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 and a classic morley wah.....having the effects would be really cool, but what i really want is a loop station cause finding another guitarist or bass player seems impossible out here lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts