Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The intro is actually quite pretty, but it's way too even. And then it goes into Lucas Mann territory from there.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
It sounds pretty good at first, but it gradually sounds more and more robotic until near the end it sounds like straight up midi.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
starts and ends well with more melodic stuff but that jazzy frantic stuff was a turn off.

at first I was a bit surprised this was squarepusher as I always thought of him as drum and bass.

but as far as drum and bass goes he was not in the rave danceable range. too fast and complex.

clearly his sensibilities are on the extreme fringes and unfortunately that's not a realm I care to tread.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Now for the big question: does it djent?

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I dug it. The composition sounded a little like early Yes, but with a bit of a jazz twist. The articulation on the guitar sounds very robotic in quite a few places, not helped by having no vibrato, but I think it sounded quite natural in lots of places, too.

The drums and piano sounded very natural. The bass a little less so, and the guitar the least.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
This would be perfect for all the ultra-quantized modern metal Guitarpro songwriting we get nowadays.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts