Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactionary to the other thread where someone calls out a d-bag. That's great, but let's not give that clown any more airtime than he deserves (which seems to be none :lol: ).

Just throw out your top 3, and maybe 3 of your favorite non-music channels, because we're a bunch of well-rounded motherfuckers.

Clearly, BrOla :wub:. It's grossly out of proportion how many of his episodes I've watched :lol:

I'm pretty new to Leon Todd's channel, but namesake aside, he's always pretty positive, very gear focused, and has very cool tone.

And then there's Uncle Ben! I really need to watch more of these...

Nonmusical, my wife and I like to watch lots of cooking shows. Binging With Babish being one of them:

Also, Alton Brown and his wife have been doing some live-streams "Quarantine Kitchen." Another one the wife and I both watch!

And, just for me, I like to watch a couple Makers, like Torbjorn Ahman and Jimmy Diresta, but I've probably watched more This Old Tony vids than the other two combined.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I can only take so much Ola or Ben Eller... Soz, I guess I'm just bored of Metal/Rock guitar talk unless it fits a very specific niche, lol.
Fluff got totally boring after a while.

I sometimes watch Adam Neely though- I like his insights/perspective into music:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only take so much Ola or Ben Eller... Soz, I guess I'm just bored of Metal/Rock guitar talk unless it fits a very specific niche, lol.
Fluff got totally boring after a while.

I sometimes watch Adam Neely though- I like his insights/perspective into music:
Yeah... I never really got into Fluff's vids. He had a fantastic video about building an in-ear-monitor rig, but beyond that, eh :lol:

And yeah, this Neely guy has some interesting content!

·
The Devil's Advocate
238 Posts
URM Academy has a ton of great stuff on music production, anything with Khristian Kohle is going to be awesome. Barring the clickbait title, this is a great demonstration on how huge a difference a cab makes to your sound:

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Ola and Leon are a given.
Michael Nielson/Big Hairy Guitars for that late '80s/early '90s fix.
Pete Thorn and Rabea are pretty much glorified advertisers now, but they're cool dudes who are mindblowing players with great tone who don't rely on shitty jokes and memes, so they get a pass.
I actually like Arnoldplaysguitar
D-Lab Electronics solely because he's personally helping me fix a Rocktron Intellifex. :lol:
PremierGuitar is a not-shitty version of Guitar World's youtube channel
Rdavidr for drum-related shit
+1 to URM Academy as well. Literally just got into them.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Yeah, Ola, URM, and Adam Neely are great. Neely's stuff frequently goes over my head, but I dig the depth. I personally like Fluff, but I can see why others don't. Rudy Ayoub and Kmac are really great too, they're legitimately funny.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
I honestly usually fire up Ola's YT page when I'm off work. He posts like 4 or 5 times a week, and I have very similar tastes to his. Other than him:

Elmo K. Great sense of humor, shreds like no tomorrow, all around decent dude:

Rudy Adobe Photoshop:

Fluff, good guy from the old Grailtone forum days:

Adam Neely when I just want to nerd out on music theory:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
I watch Ola like, 80% of the time, but I dig Arnold, too.

Doesn't hurt that he's also a Texas guy.

I also dig K.I.R. but he doesn't do nearly as much as Ola or Arnold.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I actively avoid using youtube :lol:.

I discovered LT for his axe fx 3 demos, and aside from occasionally going to a bands' page to stream an album (very occasionally) I don't really use it.

This will probably change once we get a house and I check to see if I can fix something :lol: (not a handyman, not even close).

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Johan Segeborn is by far and away my favourite, if you like Les Pauls and loud as fuck amps he's a great watch, he also does some bizarre as hell videos like when he turned his building into a guitar :lol: but it's mainly lots of cool comparisons of interesting (usually vintage, usually Marshall) gear.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
I could also (and have) watch Justin Johnson for hours on end.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Guitar related favorites of mine are all channels where the person behind the channel is a professional musician first who happens to post on YouTube.
They are:

- Ola
- Rick Beato
- Tim Pierce

Non-music related channels I like are:

- Binging with Babish (Great cooking channel).
- Joshua Weissman (He can be a bit annoying with his reddit meme persona, but he was a pro chef and his recipes are usually good).
- MKBHD (He's a little vanilla for some, but I really like his videos generally).

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
The only guitar channel worth a shit, IMO. This guy can play his ass off, he's low key and he digs up some obscure but relevant licks from killer players.

Dude... I love this guy. He has shared so many incredible licks transcribed.

His one on Chris Poland and Criss Oliva is wicked.

Uncle Ben Eller is awesome too with his transcribe riffs.

As far as Youtubers, most of them have been listen. But Kiko Loureiro has made an incredible channel filled with lessons and insight.
So I'm gonna give him a shout.

Also, K-mac. He is the only funny Guitar Youtuber I watch.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I'll admit, about the only time I watch YouTube guitar stuff is when I'm interested in a specific product demo...and yes, I know that Ola and Thorn and Rabea and those guys could make a POD 2.0 sound amazing...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.