Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Extra creepy super long classical guitar pinky fingernail

Votes: 24 40.0%
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
had never even heard of this before. sketchy
Thankfully most people that play metal don't use it as a "technique". But a lot of older rock guys and country guys will still do it.

Michael Schenker and Slash both do it, it's not unheard of for more modern players to do it.

The sole appeal of it is I guess it makes you kind of look "cool" and "badass". :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Do you think the dude in that video looks cool and/or badass? :lol:
He's trying Chris. Stop raining on his parade. I have no clue why people do it.

In addition to neck bends Michael Schenker, as we've already established elsewhere, also thinks uncut string ends are badass.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
We live in a world where someone feels the need to make a YT video to explain how to neck bend. :noway:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
How is "pretending Axl Rose is a musician" not on this list?

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Michael Schenker did himself no favours going on That Metal Show years ago. He looked like someones dorky uncle fresh out of his shift at Wendys playing a little one handed guitar for ya.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Michael Schenker did himself no favours going on That Metal Show years ago. He looked like someones dorky uncle fresh out of his shift at Wendys playing a little one handed guitar for ya.

Does this digital wristwatch look like that of a "dork".

Does this classic "sex offender registry vibes" mustache look like that of a "dork".

If someone came up to you on the street dressed like that and was like, "hey, check out my..........DIGITAL WRISTWATCH" I doubt you would consider them a dork.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I firmly believe that Schenker started this habit because he wanted to put Phil Mogg's eye out with plausible deniability.

Still, gotta go Line 6.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts

Does this digital wristwatch look like that of a "dork".

Does this classic "sex offender registry vibes" mustache look like that of a "dork".

If someone came up to you on the street dressed like that and was like, "hey, check out my..........DIGITAL WRISTWATCH" I doubt you would consider them a dork.
Its like a sick test, is he showing me his ultra cool new Casio or threatening me with his fist? Maybe its a call to arms for the brotherhood of leather to unit and fight as one? Im so confused now, those blue eyes may be seducing me, I think I will have to contemplate this on the tree of woe.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I firmly believe that Schenker started this habit because he wanted to put Phil Mogg's eye out with plausible deniability.
I'm pretty sure you only have to read one Michael Schenker interview to realize that he doesn't know the meaning of the word "plausible". Or "modesty".

I love his interviews, he's one of the best interviewees. Somehow he can't be content with being a widely admired legend, so he will just make up bizarre claims on the spot. The amount of bizarrely implausible claims he brings to the table is amazing.

The interviewer will always be like, "How does it feel to be a legend who is so widely acknowledged as an influence?" and Michael Schenker will be like, "I INVENTED THE JCM 800".

Yes, that really happened. I don't think there has ever been a Michael Schenker interview where he hasn't transitioned to utterly unbelievable claims at some point.

https://guitar.com/features/interview-michael-schenker-good-times-german-guitar-god/

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
What do you mean? The 1st G-N-R album was awesome
Seriously. There is a reason that it is still the highest selling debut album of all time, dethroning Boston's self-titled debut (also a killer album).

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Seriously. There is a reason that it is still the highest selling debut album of all time, dethroning Boston's self-titled debut (also a killer album).
I don't know Dave, the Boston debut was the highest selling for a long time, do you have facts or figures to back up that claim? Some hard data, more than a feeling.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have intentionally listened to Boston exactly zero times in my life. :lol:

AFD is one of the best rock albums of all time.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I have intentionally listened to Boston exactly zero times in my life. :lol:
If you're my age (read: fucking old), you wore that sucker out. Killer songs, vocals, and guitar tones.

AFD is one of the best rock albums of all time.
No argument here. Most disappointing live act of all time, too. God damn they were awful when I saw them (twice, I gave them another chance) touring before WttJ broke.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts