Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Meh, shitty RG with their paint-the-front-only technique that they use on all of their guitars. No matched headstock, boring rosewood board and an Edge 3.

That's just a shitty low end RG with a picture of lightning under the clearcoat. :( I wish Ibanez would actually do something right for the first time in the last 10 years or so.

Edge 3: All of them suck
RG8's: Scale length fail
New RGs: Ugly as hell inlays

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
All of their "limited edition ones" have been Gios, including the somewhat awesome black-and-yellow bass.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
27" scale on an 8 is too short for a non-flub F#. Yes, people have pulled it off, but by and large, it's mostly crap. I owned two of them. 27" is not enough.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
27" scale on an 8 is too short for a non-flub F#. Yes, people have pulled it off, but by and large, it's mostly crap. I owned two of them. 27" is not enough.
agreed. It's playable but it's not ideal. The 28's i've played while only being an inch longer, solve every issue i had with the rg2228. could also be the sherm mojo.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
I see, well I only played on one 8 string, and the string gauges were not big... I guess it's each to their own :)

I think Meshuggah has 28" ? or something similar.. yet more than 27..

:yesway:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Ugly & the computer rendered will always look better than the actual guitar.

I won't go into the scale length debate. :lol:

Meshuggah's 8s are 30.5" scale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts