Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
If I let you know how I feel you would hate me. But I'll let you know anyways. Your singer sounds really weak and has no strength behind his cleans and its even kind of apparent in his screams and growls. There are also far too many breakdowns. Try writing an actual intro instead of a breakdown. Some of the female vocals sounded ok, but I think you guys would do better playing intricate pop than this Brokencyde bree bree bullshit.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
our screamer is a different person than our singer ;)
the guest vocalist is a friend of ours, who is male. :lol:
and theres no brees in any of this, nor do we sound anything like brokencyde.

thanks for the input :wavey:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
the guest vocalist is a friend of ours, who is male. :lol:
lol, seriously? he sounds like Brittney Spears, no shit! :lol:

For the rest - hm, absolutely not my cup of tea, but sounds as the kids will dig it! Oh, and kinda interesting guitar sound - ususally i think in this genre, the breakdown parts etc are mostly filled with overgainy guitars, where in yours the tone is pretty dry and with lower gain than most others - i like that. Is that recorded with the Framus Dragon? I know, that you cant really compare an Amps tone to the one on a recording, but i ask because it absolutely does not sound like a Frmaus Dragon to me at all - as to my ears the Dragon as well as the Cobra had this high end "fizz" trademark in their sound, and i cant hear a bit of that in this recording haha..

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Not something I'd find myself listening to regularly, but the song is pretty catchy and the production is great man! :yesway: Although if I hadn't read beforehand it was a guy I probably would've thought your friend was female too :lol:

I like your clean singer though, he sounds very Four Year Strong-esque in this song which I dig!

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Holy crap, that guy does sound like Brittany Spears! I didn't think that the clean singing was bad I liked it, but I really don't like that style of screaming. I liked the end of the song, but to be honest, you guys are far better as a pop band than a metal band.

The breakdown stuff has run its course. Just become a pop band :yesway:.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Neat tune. Dude does sound like Britney Spears, but there's nothing wrong with that. I could see this being very popular.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Well done bro, well done. Sounds great. Keep it up! :D

Side note : can't people put away their own personal taste when judging a buddy's song? I mean, we don't want to know if you like the genre or not, it's not what it's about.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Side note : can't people put away their own personal taste when judging a buddy's song? I mean, we don't want to know if you like the genre or not, it's not what it's about.
No. Personal taste is the only you have have when judging something. innit?

The recording sounds awesome. It's the best melodic trance-core I've ever heard :D

It's obviously not my thing. The guitars seemed like they were a little under-gained to my ears. Other than that the music itself sounds like there will be a good audience for it. And that dude totally sounds like a chick. It's crazy. Good job duder.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
No. Personal taste is the only you have have when judging something. innit?
Nah.

I can easily judge stuff I don't like without putting my taste on the line. :D
What I mean, I guess, is we all know that genre won't be very popular on the board : that's a given. Shawn knows this. So I think we should discuss the "quality" of the recording. It's like, as an example, I hate baseball, but I can tell when I see a nice play, ya know?

Just my humble opinion, it's worth what's it's worth. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Nah.

I can easily judge stuff I don't like without putting my taste on the line. :D
What I mean, I guess, is we all know that genre won't be very popular on the board : that's a given. Shawn knows this. So I think we should discuss the "quality" of the recording. It's like, as an example, I hate baseball, but I can tell when I see a nice play, ya know?

Just my humble opinion, it's worth what's it's worth. :D
I suppose, but fuck it, it's the innernets. haha. very few people like the stuff i end up posting but i whore it up and post it anyway, why not?

·
18,790 Posts
I still haven't heard the song, since myspace is terrible and the player rarely ever loads for me :lol:

Ok, finally loaded for me :lol: I'd definitely say the guitars could be a little "thicker", but it sounds good as is too. I could definitely see this getting a solid fanbase. Personally, I'm a fan of combining genres, and this is actually pretty cool.

The "girly" sounding singer kind of reminds me of Claudio on early Coheed albums, or the guy from Silversun Pickups, but doing more of a "pop" style of singing.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Well, like many have said, this isn't my cup of tea. I have only two things I'd like to comment on. Toward the end, the vocals tend to drown everything out. If that's what you're going for, but you know.

Also, at first I thought the guy on the right hand side of the screen was my friend from high school, Shayley. It didn't seem far fetched since we're all in SoCal. The thing that gave him away was the tattoos, but dang! They look a lot alike.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
wow dude, that's a guy?

pics or it didn't happen!

other wise not my cup of tea, but not bad either; good production and guitar sound.

·
Hasta la vista, Baby
384 Posts
I'm sorry, but the moment I clicked on the song and started to hear breakdowns and screamo vocals closed the page :(

Glad you guys gt a single, though! :yesway:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts