Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently started a project with a friend of mine. We've had a super hard time finding a band, so we took matters into our own hands, and this is the lovechild of our labors...er...yea. I warn you guys, we are not singers, nor do we admit to be singers. Also, this is the first album I've recorded and mixed, so I apologize for any crap quality. I'm more of a movie audio guy. Also, I'm well aware that this isn't for everyone. This is more for us then anything. We just want to make and play music we like, ya dig? But any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated :D

anyways, here's the link. Check it out!

Owl

For your Prog!

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Pretty cool dude, I like a lot of what is going on musically.

In my opinion, the intro to Her Twin does not work though. The tone is meh, and it collides with the background stuff going on in an unpleasant way.

The vocals are also kind of iffy to me, but not bad per-se. Cup of tea issue? :lol:

There is a lot of cool shit going on in Soul Control. You certainly threw in some wacky shit in the middle :lol:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
The actual distorted intro part in "Her Soul" (2:10ish) reminded me of Rush, but better since well, I really don't like them

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I'd certainly love to hear more. Listening to "Behind the Screen II" now. Laid back, but not too much. It doesn't simply become "background music".

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! There are still 2 more tunes for this album that I'm working on. We also starting writing on a second owlbum as well.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm 8 minutes into Her Twin and this is some awesomely prog-tastic songwriting man, bravo! :yesway:

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't expect compliments haha. I mean, I wrote it, and even I think this stuff is way weird!

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Pretty awesome stuff. The vocals are kinda iffy, but not bad at all. I really like the guitars and keyboards. :yesway: I did really like the vocoder vocals, though.

I don't think it's weird at all, but I'm certifiably insane, so I guess I'm not a good person to ask. :lol:

Parts of it remind me of Camel.

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
God, I wish we could tour. Sucks that I live in LA and the drummer is in Ohio. Someday though....I hope....

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, that pissed me off. I actually found that out last year and I was hoping nothing would have to happen. Well, since we're trying to get our names out, may as well change it I guess. I wanted to keep it close to Owl in some way though....and in all honestly, I would totally take Owl X haha

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yea, that pissed me off. I actually found that out last year and I was hoping nothing would have to happen. Well, since we're trying to get our names out, may as well change it I guess. I wanted to keep it close to Owl in some way though....and in all honestly, I would totally take Owl X haha
Bowel? That's pretty metal. :metal:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts