Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
and I am terrified :lol:. We've been rehearsing for quite a long time, but haven't made as much progress as I perhaps would've liked. I think I'm more worried as I'm playing drums in this band, and I do believe the last time I ever played drums live was about 8 years ago. I don't like the feeling that if I mess up things may go completely awry :lol:

If anyone fancies a listen, here's a link to our myspace:

Forever Machine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The vocals will probably not be to everyone's taste, and they're sort of a work in progress (he's never sang before this band haha).

I'd be interested to hear you guys' thoughts on the music anyway! And any tips on how to quell this terror inside me :lol: Hoping to get some pictures from the gig as well, so I'll be sure to post them!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Do not drop your guitar. :lol:

Just do what you've been doing at rehearsals. Depending on lighting, it might be pretty tough to see the audience anyway, so start off your set ignoring them. Don't forget they think you're amazing anyway - your average concert-goer thinks you have hands of magic.

Your riffs are true. Administer them. :flex:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Do not drop your guitar. :lol:

Just do what you've been doing at rehearsals. Depending on lighting, it might be pretty tough to see the audience anyway, so start off your set ignoring them. Don't forget they think you're amazing anyway - your average concert-goer thinks you have hands of magic.

Your riffs are true. Administer them. :flex:
He's playing drums dude :lol:

Best thing I think of is, act like the audience aren't even there, phuk dem gais, and just focus on nailing every motherfucking beat there is. This worked wonders for me on my first ever gig.

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:confused:

:lol:

Should be a piece of cake for you behind drums, man. Just administer them... beats, and focus on keeping your band mates in time, sloppy arrogant tempo-challenged motherfuckers that they are. :yesway:
:lol: I've been playing drums longer than I have guitar, although I hadn't played at all for a few years before I joined this band. Found that I started missing it :D

I've been trying to get a band going where I can play guitar for a long time now, just hasn't happened though :(

And cheers for the advice guys!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
:lol: I've been playing drums longer than I have guitar, although I hadn't played at all for a few years before I joined this band. Found that I started missing it :D

I've been trying to get a band going where I can play guitar for a long time now, just hasn't happened though :(

And cheers for the advice guys!
Since you're not playing guitar that much, any chance you would part with that KxK on the cheaps? :cool:

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since you're not playing guitar that much, any chance you would part with that KxK on the cheaps? :cool:
:fawk: :lol:

In other news the gig pretty much went as well as a first gig could, very few mistakes, and none major/too noticeable. We got a decent response, especially considering it was hardly a metal crowd at all! I need to hit the gym though, I was knackered about 10 mins into the set :lol:

Guitarist had a mate taking pictures (for free no less!) who's a professional photographer, so should have some tasty pictures to show soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.