Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So the problem is that after each time I'm working with cubase,
my pc wont make a sound, mp3 files, youtube, clicking folders.. nothing.

*I've moved recently to windows 7 but this used to happen on xp as well.

*I'm using cubase 5 but experienced these issues with 3 sx as well.

I'm a complete noob so for helping you guys helping me, I'll post some print screens of my cubase\sound card settings:

Thanks guys!
Daniel.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
I actually have to run my sound with a powered amp through the outs on my interface to get sound with my PC and cubase. Something about the firepod not being able to send sound into my PC. I have no idea.

I guess I'm just unhelpful...sorry.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Just for kicks, switch it to 16-bit and see what happens.

·
Creeping in your sheets
222 Posts
My buddy had the same prob, we were running 48khz projects tho, had to switch it back to 44 in order to get sound again from other apps. There's something wrong with the E-mu control panel. so just reset your sample rate(48 then back to 44 since u already use 44), see if it work.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
this can actually help. as stupid as it sounds, stupid things work sometimes. but no garuntee.
It's not much of a fix, of course, because odds are you'd WANT to continue to work in 24-bit, but it'd help diagnose the problem. If the issue is the drop from 24-bit back to 16, then maybe you can get windows to run in 24-bit by default, but if not then at least you know WHY it's a problem, so you don't have to be worried about it.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
My buddy had the same prob, we were running 48khz projects tho, had to switch it back to 44 in order to get sound again from other apps. There's something wrong with the E-mu control panel. so just reset your sample rate(48 then back to 44 since u already use 44), see if it work.
I don't think thats the problem - as you point out, he's already running 44.1. However, the same principle may apply - Windows is almost certainly running in 16 bit, and his recording program is set to run in 24. It may be that after he closes it, his sound card is continuing to try to play back 24-bit sound, and it's not letting him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts