Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this Thursday, I'm playing my first proper solo set since leaving my last band. I'm pretty excited, and slightly nervous, but I've done enough performing with bands and open-mic nights alone to know I can handle it. At any rate, I'll return with pics and video :yesway:

Pat Robitaille w/ Aaron VanDuynhoven | Facebook

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Good for you, Aaron. What's your setlist, BTW?

Good luck!
Thanks guys :)

Set list will be:

Never Sleep
Catalyst
The Greys
Islands of Vice
Raindrops In Parking Lots (new song)
Before You Were Destroyed
Cover (debating between something Porcupine Tree, Imogen Heap's "Hide And Seek", or this folked out cover of Blink-182's "Dammit" I do :lol: )
Together Anyway
Everything

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah man, definitely planning on filming the whole thing, if only for my own purposes to see how I did, and what needs work, and if any of it is good enough quality to put up, it'll be put up :yesway: (the room's a bit dark, and my camera hates low-light, but we'll see). It's a really decent sounding room, though, I've done open-mics in there before and it's really nice. Small, but nice.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Thanks guys :)

Set list will be:

Never Sleep
Catalyst
The Greys
Islands of Vice
Raindrops In Parking Lots (new song)
Before You Were Destroyed
Cover (debating between something Porcupine Tree, Imogen Heap's "Hide And Seek", or this folked out cover of Blink-182's "Dammit" I do :lol: )
Together Anyway
Everything
So you're doing most all originals then?

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: Show went well! Essentially a miniature version of this:

:sharpie:
In that my ex showed up after all, and we hung out and talked all night (a good portion being about how she liked the songs I wrote about her) and ended with a hug (an improvement over the last few months), and I got paid $30 :lol:

So, hug bitches, get a bit of money? :lol:

As for the set itself, I messed up a couple lines of lyrics, but no one knows these songs yet :D I cut "Before You Were Destroyed" from the set because it seemed way too soft for the crowd that was there, and got a good reaction overall.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.