Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Honorary MG Djent Ambassador
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know how much you guys love the djent, my friend and I covered "Catch Fire" from Periphery's lastest album. We used the producer pack, so all the drum and guitar parts are us. This song is actually harder than I though it would be. They have a lot of different guitar layers that you wouldnt really know about unless you sit down to learn the song. Overall it was a fun song to learn! Enjoy the djentless periphery!

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
How is this not djent?

Reactions: Cassidy

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
Djentery

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Lucas don't mind these cunts. You keep doing you:yesway:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Lucas don't mind these cunts. You keep doing you:yesway:
:agreed: Don't listen to those cunts. That's an awesome song with awesome vocals, and I think you did a great job here. I can definitely see you've been practicing, because you're doing much, much better than you were before.

And King Diamond sucks. ;)

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
I dont know the original but i really liked the guitar playing and drumming. I would have killed to have a drummer like that in any metal band i was in.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Lucas don't mind these cunts. You keep doing you
Don't listen to those cunts. That's an awesome song with awesome vocals, and I think you did a great job here. I can definitely see you've been practicing, because you're doing much, much better than you were before.

And King Diamond sucks.
King Diamond does suck. It's not like it's Iron Maiden.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
:agreed: Don't listen to those cunts. That's an awesome song with awesome vocals, and I think you did a great job here. I can definitely see you've been practicing, because you're doing much, much better than you were before.

And King Diamond sucks. ;)
I third this. your playing is really coming along dude, and that was a really good mix. I'd love to see you do a "Lucas Lecompte" cover next :wub:

that was also a good track :yesway: I havent listened to Perphery in ages - its not them or their music that puts me off, but the rabid fan boys frothing at the gash everytime bulb puts his name to a new product :shrug:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I third this. your playing is really coming along dude, and that was a really good mix. I'd love to see you do a "Lucas Lecompte" cover next :wub:

that was also a good track :yesway: I havent listened to Perphery in ages - its not them or their music that puts me off, but the rabid fan boys frothing at the gash everytime bulb puts his name to a new product :shrug:
Actually, I quite like the instrumentals. It's the whiney little bitch singing I can't stand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts