Metal Guitarist Forums banner

My GF playing Anthrax on the Harp :D

5K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  NovaLion 
#1 ·
The harp is a fucking amazing instrument. 7ft tall about 50kg. 7 pedals each with 3 positions for the string keys.

The world see's the harp as stuck in the classical world but the stuff this girl can play is amazing. No one really does the percussive style ever. Infact her teachers at the Royal academy of music in London frowned apon it. Its a shame how people get stuck in their ways and shun brillience just becuase its different. Amy has been writing her own songs and the first song blew my mind. I'm going to help record it so I will post it when its up :yesway:

#8 ·
That was freaking awesome. :lol: More like this please!

#14 ·
Incredible.

To be honest I've never really been a fan of adding rhythm/percussion by hitting an acoustic instrument (all the acoustic guitar players that do this come to mind...) Just sounds funny to me, I'd rather hear the harp accompanied by a percussionist. That said, don't let my idiosyncrasies detract from the awesomeness that is her style. I would definitely also buy an album of this.

#28 ·
The first time I heard that song, I had a very strong connection with it. I haven't listened to it in years. That was a truly fantastic arrangement, and she should be very proud of herself. It was very well done, and I appreciate what it takes to play that many strings and percussion at the same time :lol:.

Hopefully Scott hears this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.