Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started this just under 3 weeks ago. I really love this guitar, but hated the finish. When I set up the trade to get it I actually thought it was black. It wasn't until I got it that I realised it was this horrific "black cherry" puke/shit purple :lol:

So anyway, I started stripping it, then oiled it. I just put on the 4th and final coat of Tung oil last night, giving it a few days to dry fully and settle in, then I'll put it back together and restring the bastard!

Excuse the pics, they're with shitty camera, but once it's all finished I'll take nice high-res ones!

BEFORE

SANDED

OILED

More pics coming soooooooooooooooooooooooooon! :scream:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Big improvement. :yesway:

Just, even just eyeballing grainy photos, that definitely needs a couple more coats.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks dudes!

Man, I love the decking in that first picture... Tell me where can I find such awesome decking?
:lol: Your house mo'fucka!!! You'll have to take the final sexy shots when it's all put back together too!

The ONLY thing i dont like about it is the rounded horns. With a badass point headstock, those suckers should have badass pointy horns
Yeah, that's the nature of ESP/LTD guitars though innit, horns aren't as pointy as ibbys :( But they still look badass!

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big improvement. :yesway:

Just, even just eyeballing grainy photos, that definitely needs a couple more coats.
Well those pics were taken at varying degrees of progress, none of them in the last day or so, and it's been left to settle and dry properly now and has taken on a whole new finish, looks so deep and lush! I still may give it a couple more coats in the near future but I just wanted it to settle in first.

I'm gonna put all the hardware back on tonight and take moar pics! :scream:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
The ONLY thing i dont like about it is the rounded horns. With a badass point headstock, those suckers should have badass pointy horns
Not me, I like the rounded horns, but I'm a Jackson player from way back.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will do man!

It ended up coming out a tad lighter than expected after it dried but I still really love it. Up close it's really rich and deep, fine grained and just really nice. Very pleased with the results!

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
100% better looking. :metal:

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
awesome!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts