Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After eight or so years, my Logitech DiNovo "cordless optical mouse" is fritzing out. It's stopped tracking consistently, occasionally puts itself to sleep, and the scroll ball still works and fresh batteries don't do a thing, so it's not that.

Now, I don't get TOO worked up about this shit, so I'llprobably just replace it with something similar and cheap. I mean, it's a mouse, right?

However, if you disagree with that statement, sell me on something cooler and pricier. :yesway:

(keyboard's still fine, so for the time being I'm looking standalone mouse)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
You Sir, need epics

Razer Naga Epic
Yeah, waiting for the price to come down a smidge and I'll pick that up, and use my wired one at work. :yesway:

The only thing they missed on this one was the ability to add weight to it. My only "complaint" about the Naga is that it is crazy light compared to my old Logitechs. I'm used to it by now, but (imo) a heavier mouse is easier to be accurate with.

I'm not sure why they went with RF instead of Bluetooth though. :scratch:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, pretty pimp, but at the end of the day it's an $80mouse. That's like a $20 mouse and a nice bottle of scotch.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
You get what you pay for though man. The Naga is a really, really nice mouse, and your last one lasted you 8 years. That's $10 a year for something you can customize like a motherfucker. You can program Reaper macros to it. One button rewind/stop/punch/etc is killer.

Also, I can't say enough good things about this:

http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum...8410-razer-sphex-gaming-surface-mousepad.html

Which you should definitely pick up.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
^This

My last razer mouse lasted me 6 years, it still works flawlessly but I just felt for something new.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can program Reaper macros to it. One button rewind/stop/punch/etc is killer.
Now, THAT is intriguing. I need to spend time programing macros anyway. :yesway:

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Anyone have one of the wireless Razers? Doesn't look like the Naga is. I am interested in a wireless razer mouse and a keyboard so I can play CS:S on my soon to be 46" Samsung. :yesway: That way I won't worry about wanting a PS3 or anything anymore because I really don't play enough console games to justify buying it when i'll end up only playing CS:S and Minecraft anyways.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
the naga epic is wireless, and I don't own one,but tried the mamba. It's great, and you can run it wired aswell.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
the naga epic is wireless, and I don't own one,but tried the mamba. It's great, and you can run it wired aswell.
Ah so the Naga is like the Mamba with extra buttons then? I hadn't seen a pic wthout a wire attached. I like the Mamba's wired or wireless function...cool feature as long as the USB cable is long enough to not get annoying while plugged in. :yesway: Though I don't really NEED the extra buttons so I may just go for the Mamba...I really like the design, looks like it would be super comfy.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
yeah, there's two versions of the nagam one wired, and the naga epic which is wireless.
I've always favored razer mice since they're quite small and I like to keep my palm on the surface.
I think the mamba would be your best choice, since you're an fps'er.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:lol: Naga aquired. Why the fuck not, and it IS pretty pimp. Comfy too, and it seems MUCH more accurate than my last one, which, to be fair, was dying.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts