Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my old Ibanez S540LTD back from my apartment, so I thought I'd take a photo of all the guitars in the house right now. :cool:

Left to right:
Seagull S6, Jackson DX7, Ibanez RG550 (one of my brother's guitars), Fender Stratocaster MIK (my brother's first guitar)
40 year old Yamaha, ESP Eclipse (my brother's), ESP Horizon FR-II, Ibanez S540 LTD, Ovation Celebrity

And my two favorite guitars from a bit closer. Got to love the finish on the S540LTD :wub:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Nice! How do you find the DK7, I saw a couple online for a decent price but didn't have the $$ - seems like a decent 7 for the money, but I'd need to try it first.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice! How do you find the DK7, I saw a couple online for a decent price but didn't have the $$ - seems like a decent 7 for the money, but I'd need to try it first.
It's a DX7 actually, made in India. The DK7 is made in Japan, isn't it?

Anyways, the DX7 is okay, but it seems I've got a good one, because I've heard lots of horror stories about them. It's got some finish flaws, but sounds and plays quite well for what I paid for it.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Didn't you have a nice RG at one point?

And, I concur, that S540 is pretty much amazing.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, guys.

Didn't you have a nice RG at one point?
I had a RG2077XL that I traded for the Horizon. Nice guitar, but I didn't play it much, because I liked the S540 a lot more. It would probably have benefited from a pickup change, because the Tone Zone7 was a bit muddy.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I hear the stock New7's are better than the TZ7 :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear the stock New7's are better than the TZ7 :lol:
That might be true, the New7 neck pickup was actually quite ok, but not even close to the Air Norton in the S540. It's weird that there's such a huge difference between the 6 string Tone Zone and the TZ7.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Definitely, though I even found that I don't like the TZ anymore. Once I started playing more vintage style pickups, I found it overbearing, overpowered, and very scooped. It was cool while I dug it, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts