Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
We shall quest for the reverb! :lol:

What about some crazy stacked delay circuit to mock a reverb?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We shall quest for the reverb! :lol:

What about some crazy stacked delay circuit to mock a reverb?
I think that would end up more expensive that doing the Belton based one :p

Is there any particular reverb you are interested in or is it just the RV?

I'll put some requests in on various forums maybe somebody somewhere knows something!

·
Socially Awkward
328 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.1.25577/26.1036; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Toe-Knee said:
Is there any particular reason why you want a SS power amp?
*shrug* I want a power amp. And I don't want tubes, because I don't want to have to replace them. :)

·
Socially Awkward
328 Posts
Valve poweramps are a lot easier.

how low powered would you be looking at?
Valve power amps may be easier, but the tube thing is not appealing. Also, I hear that tube power amps color the sound. Is this correct? If so, that's not something I'd want, either.

I was thinking bedroom to small gig volume. I know that I could just go with a powered monitor, but I'd rather have the power amp and the speaker separated.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Any amplifier will colour the tone to a certain extent even a solidstate one.

As i said before though it would be easier and cheaper to just go for something like the crate powerblock or the EHX magnum pedal power amp.

I havent used either but i've never seen a bad word said about them.

I will look into SS power amps though as its something ive never tried before because i don't really like the SS harshness but its something new to learn!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ross compressor clone (MXR Custom Comp, Dyna Comp, Keeley comps) are easy to build and very common boutique designs.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
and BYOC sells a kit :D
They certainly do!

A compressor of some kind is on my list im just researching which type to do.

But those BYOC kits are fantastic! very straightforward instructions that are easy to follow.

Its a great way to get into DIY... in fact thats how i got started

BYOC classic Overdrive

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I do want to build the Brian May-style treble booster that I found online at some point.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
How about a splitter that sends the guitar signal to an amp and also to the board/console/recording input? It would be great for recording a dry signal (for re-amping later) whilst playing through an amp.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (boobies: Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.7; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1110171336; U; en) Presto/2.9.201 Version/11.50)

You can just do that with a Y cable dude.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
They call them DIs, run the XLR out to the desk, run the 1/4" out to the amp. A Y cable would also do the trick too.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts