Metal Guitarist Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
sawdust aficionado
1,343 Posts
Wirelessly posted (boobies: Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.7; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1110171336; U; en) Presto/2.9.201 Version/11.50)

You can just do that with a Y cable dude.
They call them DIs, run the XLR out to the desk, run the 1/4" out to the amp. A Y cable would also do the trick too.
I tried a Y cable once and it sounded like, well, only half the signal was going to each piece. I'll try it again. Maybe the splitter or one of the cords was the problem.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Also another thing that you could do is add a slave out jack to your amp.

I have done this with mine it takes the signal from the output jack so it includes the power amp as well as the pre.

I also have a pot to adjust the level on it.

Then you can record that track but you will need to add cab impulses as it is before the speaker

this was done in that way

Am by Tony Boyes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
How do you compensate for the voltage? The outs of an amp would blow up a mixer I'd imagine. :scratch:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
How do you compensate for the voltage? The outs of an amp would blow up a mixer I'd imagine. :scratch:
the pot & resistor used in series with the output drops the voltage i copied it from the way Soldano do it i shall put an article on the blog!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I've added it including a layout diagram.

And thanks man.

hopefully it will serve both its purposes and

A, Help me keep track of what i've done
B, Help others

Some parts came in today also so i should hopefully have something new up tomorrow evening.

I have no idea what theyre for though i've ordered so much over the last week.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mjolnir: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.21992/26.1069; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Rack wah :yesway:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Wirelessly posted (Mjolnir: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.21992/26.1069; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Rack wah :yesway:
In theory this should be easier & cheaper than an actual wah...

I am definitely going to look into this

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just a quick update.

I tried doing a build log of a Fullton OCD that i was doing for a friend and my camera sucks so much its unbelievable.

It was virtually impossible to get the require shots of the underside of the board showing the cut traces.

So I am waiting for my dad to come lend me his Nikon sometime this week.

So the build log will have to wait a while.

Is there anything else i could do?

I do have an interesting experiment coming up over the next few weeks that involved somebody hacking an EMG 81 apart

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
That SLO looks amazing. I've always wanted to try an SLO, how does it sound? Have you played an original SLO (to see how close it sounds)?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yes i have a friend who has a real SLO and we did some comparisons and their really wasnt much in it to be honest.

It was so close that he actually built a clone himself as he wanted to use EL34s as he preferred the sound of them and the SLO's power transformer cant handle the current draw but the Onetics that i used can handle anything.

I will be doing some clips sometime soon once i've got my room into a good setup for recording with a mic

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hey guys I have a friend who taught me a lot of what i know who has agreed to post on the blog also.

he has put one post up so far in relation to his custom amp build that is heavily based on the VHT deliverance.

Check it out!

DIY Audio
DIY Audio

take your pick!

I shall be posting a lot more frequently soon i have just had a lot on lately sorting out various accounts and whatnot and receiving a few orders of which i shall document as best i can!

Toe-Knee

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Hey guys a quick update on whats been going on.

I have made some good progress on the little angel chorus that was voted top in the last poll this is ready to be housed and im really looking forward to doing some clips and choosing the design as im going to etch it into the enclosure which is a first for me!

Also i have been doing another amp that started out as a community build on here (theres a thread in this section) then it was claimed by someone who was interested in buying who then pulled out after making some quite crucial decisions.

And now its back as a community project.

here is a pic of some of the work so far on the amp

My good friend Rob (also a huge help in my progress to date as he has guided me alot)

Has been doing some work on his Laney AOR rebuild which is slowly becoming a VHT deliverance.

here are some pics of that

There is more info on both of these regarding both of these amps and the LAC and also a poll for what is to be built next as my final clone!

DIY Audio

41 - 58 of 58 Posts