Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Guitar noob
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm at my parents place out in the country having NOTHING to do. So I brought the guitarskin Frank from Guitarskins.eu sent me and applied it to my MTM2. It was a bit tricky but with some patience everything worked fine.

Why P2 you ask? Well I actually owned a JPM2 back in the end of the 90's and I totally LOVED that guitar. It was also played by Petrucci on a clinic in Finland that I attended so it had some extra of his aura around it :D

Rant aside, here's the result:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
So is it just one big piece? When I did my JPM kit from Universaljems on my old 7620:

It was a shitload of small pieces. It took ages to install, but looked awesome once it was on.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
To me, it seems like it would be easier to quickly apply separate decals to make the whole look as opposed to trying to perfectly fit and rearrange one giant, cumbersome skin.

Either way, the guitar looks CLEAN. Nice work :yesway:

·
Registered
146 Posts
To me, it seems like it would be easier to quickly apply separate decals to make the whole look as opposed to trying to perfectly fit and rearrange one giant, cumbersome skin.

Either way, the guitar looks CLEAN. Nice work :yesway:
yeah that could be right for the P2 skin in particular, or for other skins that replicate geometrical shapes, but if you want to put the artwork of your band cd on your guitar, or you want to custom it in any other original way, the only solution ( apart from painting it, of course ) is the skin in one piece.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Even with the JP graphic, done right it should look cleaner than the UJ kit, since there will be no seams.

I'd love to get one of these, but I know I don't have the patience to put the thing on correctly. :lol:

That really looks slick as hell Ola. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Frank, welcome to the boards! :metal:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Even with the JP graphic, done right it should look cleaner than the UJ kit, since there will be no seams.

I'd love to get one of these, but I know I don't have the patience to put the thing on correctly. :lol:

That really looks slick as hell Ola. :yesway:
I'm working very hard to make pre cut and with hardware holes ready skins,
so people will only have to remove the strings and then putting a skin
will be a f..kin joke.
Just be patient and support if you can!!

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Hey Frank, I've been DYING for years to put an H.R. Giger image on one of my guitars. Do you have anything against 'copyrighted material' when doing a custom one? I have a super hi-res image of the "Li II" painting I wanna try.

What kinda image size/resolution works best for you, for us to upload?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts