Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics first, explanation later:

This is Neil, my new 2000 model RG520QS!!! My first ever project using my new paint technique i'm calling "scrape painting"! I originally planned on swirling this guitar (as i am prone to doing), but followed a wild hair that took me somewhere completely different. I am in love. I've spent as much time staring at it as i have playing it.

Specs:
Ibanez RG520QSTB
mahogany body with a quilt sapele veneer
Edge tremolo
special ordered Dimarzio EVO bridge and Gravity Storm neck. Unplated nickel, black poles.
Wizard neck (maple with bubinga stripe, rosewood board)

In addition to being just darn lovely to look at, the guitar plays and sounds incredible.... the EVO bridge in mahogany is one of the most perfect sounds ever. So insanely thick AND clear at the same time! Why isn't everyone doing this?!?! And the Gravity Storm neck is super cool. Its almost like a huge thick liquidy single coil. And i've got a Dimarzio super switch in there, with some cool wiring options:
1. Bridge (series)
2. Bridge (parallel)
3. Outer coils (parallel)
4. Neck (parallel)
5. Neck (series)
I will upload some videos soon so you can hear this guitar rip! So happy for this one!!!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

Holy sweet fuck. That is amazing. I fucking hate swirl finishes but this, this is art!

How'd you do it?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

:drool:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I was waiting for this thread.

I want to send a H/S warmoth over for that type with a different colour combo, but I have to buy stuff before tour :lol:

·
Black Aquaman
795 Posts
Still deciding whether I love, or hate, the finish. :scratch:
One thing is for certian though, the super switch is a neat-o gadget :yesway:

And i've got a Dimarzio super switch in there, with some cool wiring options:
1. Bridge (series)
2. Bridge (parallel)
3. Outer coils (parallel)
4. Neck (parallel)
5. Neck (series)
I will upload some videos soon so you can hear this guitar rip! So happy for this one!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wow it looks amazing. Very unique especially with the pickups.

Edit: Any more details about the super switch wiring that sounds awesome! (wiring diagrams plz so I can convert it to BKP coloring :D)

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Fantastic, man! I love those guitars.

I'd love to start another project guitar like this.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks chums!!! Like I said, I am over the moon for this thing. Can't wait to try this finish on other guitars with different colors.... Imagine a really dark blue with silver black and white! Or orange/red with black. The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Best finish I've seen for a while . Love it. Pity there is no sexy inlays that would finish it off nicely. That said dude it still looks incredible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts