Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you are into old sword & sorcery stuff like Robert E. Howard, Edgar Rice Burroughs and the like, check out my new book that just dropped, appropriately on Howard's birthday.

Runemaster: Shield Maiden's Blade

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Been doing comics, graphic novels and speculative fiction since 2004. But this is the first thing I’ve been able to release in about 5 years.

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
Cool and congratulations. I'll check it out too. Are you a sword enthusiast as well? A few years ago I started to get interested in swords and still have a few.

A question: does the book contain stuff I probably am not ready to have my son read? I'll still check it out, I just need to know.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool and congratulations. I'll check it out too. Are you a sword enthusiast as well? A few years ago I started to get interested in swords and still have a few.

A question: does the book contain stuff I probably am not ready to have my son read? I'll still check it out, I just need to know.
I have 3 or 4 katanas around, but that's it. As for content, there's a fair amount of violence, but no explicit stuff. I'd recommend you read it and decide for yourself though.

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
Ok. I'm more concerned about "interpersonal" scenes. I'll definitely read it.

I have a few katanas (one is a Michonne copy), as well as some two handers. I have a copy of Conan Valeria's sword, and I used to have the Fathers Sword. I've thought about adding a Witcher Sword. I got very interested in different steel types and the forging/ building process.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

That's cool! I have a Highlander sword, but never got super into them like that. More for decor (I also have 2 legit light sabers ha!)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I really don't read, but that's awesome! How long does it take you to go from concept to completion?

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
I really don't read, but that's awesome! How long does it take you to go from concept to completion?
I'm really curious about this too. I have a concept, but fleshing it out is way different than fleshing out a concept for a song.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'm really curious about this too. I have a concept, but fleshing it out is way different than fleshing out a concept for a song.
In real time, about 4 months. But, it actually took 8 years, as I started on it in 2012, then had to set it aside until last summer when I was able to come back to it & finish the story. I'd written the first 10k words then, and wrote the other 50k from September to November.

Some things flow really easy, and I can do a 10k word story in a few days. Other things not so much and it can take weeks. Very similar to song writing. Like with SAW, some songs I write in one sitting, some take me all week.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's an ad we're running using on of the interior spot illustrations by the amazing artist, Chris Nye. He has such a cool John/Sal Buscema influence vibe, I just love it.

Reactions: watson503

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts