Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summary: Thieving, douchebag, asshole band member kills another band with stupid drama.

Long story:

So, a year ago, I quit my old band, Terrorhorse, because I couldn't deal with the one guitarist (let's call him Matt MacIntosh, since that's his name) and what he was doing to the band, combined with the fact that I just didn't like the music enough to sacrifice as much time and money as they needed. I'd had a rough couple of days, as my girlfriend had just left me as well (I'm sure many of you remember the thread), and took a lot of abuse over Facebook from Matt over missing one practice because I was trying to deal with my long-term relationship falling apart.

I walked into the jam space, planning to let them know I was done, but would help pay for the release of the album we'd just finished and help fulfill any shows we had booked at that time, and train my replacement. Instead, as soon as I walked in, Matt immediately says "So you gonna pack up your stuff now?" and launched straight into trying to fire me from the band, including throwing every personal insult he could at me in the process. Just really low stuff. He was super pissed off and super douche-y.

After packing all my stuff up I left the jam space to grab a cart (we jammed in a storage space) to load my gear onto to bring upstrairs to load it into the other guitarist's van to help me get it home. When I came back, Matt had left to go for a drive to cool off, and the other two guys (guitarist and drummer, singer wasn't there) immediately apologized saying they had no idea he was going to do that, and talking about how over the line that was. I said I was cool with them and I knew he wasn't speaking for them, but I was done with the band anyways. I also warned them that Matt was probably going to continue to try to control everything in the band (which he was the last member to join, not counting the new singer) and that he felt it was his band and would do anything and run over anyone to make it happen.

As it turns out, I was right. Their latest singer quit the band (I assume because he wasn't into the hectic schedule they keep) and they were beginning the process of looking for a new singer. Then one day, Matt ran off and took all their merch, money, and the passwords to all their accounts/sites. I guess he's going to start a band with Kevin Talley, and decided to outright kill Terrorhorse, rather than let them continue without him.

I took the high road for the most part, not sharing the story of the events of my leaving the band, just explaining that I wasn't feeling into it anymore, and moving on to other creative things. But honestly, I still like the rest of the guys in that band, and no longer feel any need to cover for Matt MacIntosh, and feel that people should know how he works, and what he did to those guys.

For those that made it this far, thanks for reading my long-winded rant :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That sounds like more than stupid drama. Running off with merchandise and money?

Also, this guy keeps trying to friend me on Facebook :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like more than stupid drama. Running off with merchandise and money?
Oh, absolutely. They could take legal action, if any of them had the time or money to do so, and they all just want to forget about it and move on. Either way, I'd recommend no one ever deal with this guy if he continues to have a career in music (like if this new band, Dumpsterfire, takes off :nuts: ).

Also, this guy keeps trying to friend me on Facebook :lol:
:agreed: He's a Facebook/Myspace whore. He's responsible for I'd say 90% of the band's friends/likes. He sets up accounts in different parts of the world and adds people like crazy and then spams them with the band. Usually adding fans of other heavy bands, or other musicians.

I get the feeling you get requests because the immature douche is still watching my Facebook page and adding people from my friends list. I honestly hadn't thought about him in a year, other than when people asked me about the band, or when someone in another local band told me about the time the drummer punched him out :lol:

Rumor has it Kevin Talley is a titanic asshole, too. Its like they're made for each other.
I fully believe it, since that's the only kind of person that Matt ever gets along with. He's a miserable, hateful guy.

For those interested, they have a few teasers on youtube, just search Dumpsterfire. I won't do him the favour of linking them. But it's definitely him playing on them, I'd recognize his style anywhere.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Who wants to go see a band whose name is Dumpsterfire? :nuts:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who wants to go see a band whose name is Dumpsterfire? :nuts:
I'll give you a hint: they're likely to sound like a less melodic, more grind-core/death-metal version of Terrorhorse.

So...not many people. Though, sadly, this kind of music does have an audience, and the name "Terrorhorse" never held us back any, so... :shrug:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there's a band called "Anal Cunt", which has been signed to a label and tours, since the mid 90s. :lol:
Yeah, but that's shocking and somewhat hilarious. Dumpsterfire just sounds like, well, shit.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
I read the title thinking a band member killed another. Half way through i went "Oh so someone killed matt, must be what he's getting at" You should run him over. Douche's like him deserve a few tons of steel headed their way.

·
Who is Noodles?
150 Posts
dumpsterfire..... (breathes in)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

sounds like where Sheen was born

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Damn, everytime I hear Kevin Talley's name he's in a different band. When did he leave Daath? Or is he still in that band??

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Damn, everytime I hear Kevin Talley's name he's in a different band. When did he leave Daath? Or is he still in that band??
He's now with Six Feet Under. And probably 5 other bands. :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts