Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, ever go back and listen to those old recording of your first band? I did, and FUCK there were some awesome riffs in there.

Here's the old demo for reference:

Acid Reign (Canada) on PureVolume.com

The song in question here is "Fight or Flight". Besides the un-recorded "Bloodmoon" it's my favorite song from that band, and seriously it's not band, even for the hurting recording quality. So I decided to breathe some new life into the old girl.

SoundClick artist: SevenSea - page with MP3 music downloads

The re-recorded everything really lets the writing show through a little more. Considering the band was like 15-17 when we wrote this stuff, it's pretty awesome.

I'd like a little input on the mix. as of right now, the kick and snare are a touch loud, and the vox don't sit QUITE right...maybe they're just too loud as well. Any other C&C is totally welcome.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not bad :yesway: Are any of those guys in other local bands now? Any chance Nich is Nich Ireland of Battlesoul?
No, sir. Nich Longe (my brother). He played with Tear Apart Midnight, The Lakeside is for Killers, jettison commitment (very breifly), and now Under the killing floor. He has his own drum/guitar lesson business starting up. "The End is Nich" if you haven't heard of it.

So far it's just myself and nich that are in bands, though separate ones, unfortunately.

·
18,790 Posts
No, sir. Nich Longe (my brother). He played with Tear Apart Midnight, The Lakeside is for Killers, jettison commitment (very breifly), and now Under the killing floor. He has his own drum/guitar lesson business starting up. "The End is Nich" if you haven't heard of it.

So far it's just myself and nich that are in bands, though separate ones, unfortunately.
Ah, cool stuff :yesway: I remember you mentioning him trying out for Jettison, and I've heard of Lakeside and UTKF.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really dig Lakeside's stuff. Honestly, it's the most original thing I've ever heard come out of London...Ever. London's music scene is pretty much just metal. Metal, Metal, Metal, shitty cover band, Metal, Metal, Screamo, bad screamo, more metal, decent metal, passable metal, pop punk, an acoustic act and then like 666 more metal bands...It was nice to hear something in between that was really original. Too bad they broke up, those boys could have gone places.

·
18,790 Posts
Yeah, definitely, people in the scene love how big and strong the local metal scene is, but honestly it's starting to feel like oversaturation. That's why I'm done with the metal scene here, and I'm looking to do other things (my own acoustic stuff, a punk band, maybe a heavy rock power trio with some classic prog/rock influence, at any rate, stuff with melody and memorable riffs/lyrics).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.