Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got too many heads, too many expenses... don't think we have many Randall fans in these parts but I'll throw them up anyway!

I'd prefer local sale in the Los Angeles area, but will ship on your dime... Prices are OBO of course!

Randall T2 head only - $550
Probably my favorite of the bunch. Simple, ballsy (big fucking tight balls), smooth or raw in the mids/presence depending how you set it. Better cleans than a 5150 for sho, nice and clear pretty warm sounding. Thank you 400w Mosfet power section!

Randall V2 with footswitch (clean channel needs fixing, little to no output or volume) - $500.
Great amp, bit more versatile than the T2 with 2 separate OD channels, SS or tube, SS cleans, bright switch, loose tight switch, gain boost on SS OD, and of course the assignable graphic EQ :yesway:

Both T2/V2 are 400w at 4 ohmzies, 280w at 8. MIDI controllable, Serial / Parallel loops, XLR DI outs don't sound too shabby either.

Randall Titan with footswitch - $300
My first head and an awesome one at that. 2 channel 300w solid state, with reverb. Sexy dynamics for a solid state. Nice raw and dry tone but still plenty of gain. Plenty of thump for thrash or some modern metal, moves lots of air.

Whichever is left standing I may keep but I just am gonna need the money soon and can't justify having four amp heads including my XXX. I actually have the XXX for sale locally too but am trying to make a bit off that one heh. If only I still had my B-52 4x12 or another cab to run crazy stereo rigs... :spock:

I have some somewhat old clips on my youtube... but will try to put up some newer ones soon maybe with a proper review.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry should have specified more, was super tired when posting.

I was jamming one time and switched to the clean channel when all the sudden there was little to no volume or output. Even when you crank the clean channel gain or volume it's pretty low and sounds a bit distorted. Both distortion channels sound fantatsic though.

I thought maybe it was the 12at7 tube buffer and switched it out for a new Penta but still the same. Amp's distortion hiss got a bit quieter but no help to the clean. Randall told me to take it to an authorized tech so I'm gonna try and get a quote on that as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts