Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Honorary MG Djent Ambassador
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanted to do this when everyone else was doing it wayyy back in january, but life sorta got in the way: MY grandpa died, my cat of 15 years died, and I got engaged in march. SO a lot has been going on. Plus the song wasnt where I wanted it to be. But this song taught me a lot: My picking hand sucked bad before this song. I wasnt picking hard enough and my picking hand was weak in general. I pick a lot harder now and I even switched picks over to a .60 from the petrucci jazz IIIs I had been using. Also Metallica hasnt really written anything this cool in a long while. While I love load and reload, this is on another level.

Also if you hate the way my face looks, then skip to around 2:00. My face gets a lot better around there. I know my cover isnt perfect persay and that I did mess up, but Its just one take with one guitar track. This was actually my 2nd take that I did that day. Also I didnt learn the solo. I was just focusing on my picking hand for this song.

Next up is to learn holy wars.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Kudos for sticking with it and giving it a try, dude. It's a tough one, eh? If I can be presumptuous, make like I'm some sort of expert, and make a suggestion, you're struggling to keep up and dropping notes on most of it. I'd try slowing it down and tackling it at a slower tempo. Really try to get the groove of it right. Also, for now, don't be afraid to use alternate picking. Most of the guys who throw the 'bitch picker' line about never post their playing. It's very easy to talk like a tough guy.

Again, well done for not quitting. And sorry to hear you had a bad time.

·
Honorary MG Djent Ambassador
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kudos for sticking with it and giving it a try, dude. It's a tough one, eh? If I can be presumptuous, make like I'm some sort of expert, and make a suggestion, you're struggling to keep up and dropping notes on most of it. I'd try slowing it down and tackling it at a slower tempo. Really try to get the groove of it right. Also, for now, don't be afraid to use alternate picking. Most of the guys who throw the 'bitch picker' line about never post their playing. It's very easy to talk like a tough guy.

Again, well done for not quitting. And sorry to hear you had a bad time.
I know its not 100% there but I wanted to put it out there. Now that I put it out there, I cant put it back in the bottle. And Im so over trying to get things perfect to put them on youtube to avoid dislikes. Youtube isnt paying me anything also so who cares? I could have recorded it perfectly and then just mimed it, but I didnt.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Way to put the effort in Lucus, I couldn't play this song worth a fuck.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I know its not 100% there but I wanted to put it out there. Now that I put it out there, I cant put it back in the bottle. And Im so over trying to get things perfect to put them on youtube to avoid dislikes. Youtube isnt paying me anything also so who cares? I could have recorded it perfectly and then just mimed it, but I didnt.
:dillon:

Way to go Lucas!:metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Those turnarounds on the main riff were pretty tight! I usually let my gain hide my mistakes there :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts