I liked it. :yesway:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
I thought that was really cool.:yesway:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That was pretty cool! I liked that a lot, actually. Great lyrics, too. I'd love to hear the chatterbox drums change into a huge-sounding kit at some point to make the whole track come to life. It ends up really wearing on the ears after a while, and i think the song could use a real kick up a notch about halfway through.

·
Banned
3,696 Posts
yup, i liked it. The solo was awesome too - shame it ended so soon as it sounded like it was building up nicely.

I kind of agree with Darren about the drums needing a kick, but that's just personal preference.

But otherwise, More Please!

·
Kilted Hack
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aw, shucks, guise, thanks fr the kind words :D

The drum thing is tricky, as part of the idea of this project is to take "dance metal" into new territory, or at least try not to be another Rammstein/White Zombie clone. I personally really like the contrast of human bass, guitar and vocals against an electronic(a) framework, but I totally get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and there's still a lot of learning on my part to do to bridge the gap, to make sure my drums remain exciting. So it's certainly a fair criticism.

This is actually the first time I've been the head honcho for a project - I've been a sideman for various other songwriters for almost all my career, such as it is, so I'm still learning my own process for getting this stuff better.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Is that a Garageband drum loop? I used the same one (or something VERY similar) for a tune I did, shit my pants for the first 2 seconds when I heard that because they both start almost the same way.

The vocals remind me of some Mike Patton stuff and that chorus has a big Korn feel (to me anyway). Tight work, brother!

·
Kilted Hack
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that a Garageband drum loop?
Heh... I use Soundtrack Pro for all my looping stuff, which is right in between Logic and Garageband (both of which I also have), so it's probably the same Apple Loop. There's another loop in there as well, but it's mainly to add high hat and percussion. Good to know I'm stealing from the best! :flex:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts