Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can help me identify this strat style body. Have had it in my parts bin for awhile. Was going to bring it back to life but before I do Figured I would see if any one might be able to tell me what brand it is by the heel stamp. Im assuming it Means candy apple red but cant seem to find any brands that stamp them like this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parts ive harvested so far from it were a 1984 shaller hot stuff pickup , an unmarked 22 fret compound radius neck. and a 1982-83 pre production fine tune floyd trem.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Shit... you already said you thought the stamp was for candy apple red. Nevermind. lol

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what im trying to figure out. Ive been searching google images for about an hour now .

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will make a fine donor body none the less. I plan on getting a new charvel neck for it. A perpetual burn for the bridge and put a YJM fury in the neck.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this guitar had parts from all over the place. Grover tuners. Compound radius neck . single coil excel pickups which from what i gather were stock ibanez and greco pickups. a schaller hot stuff and a rare prototype or pre production fine tuning trem.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I wouldn't spend much time worrying about what it is, looks like it's a solid quality Strat body with a shitty paint job, no real need to worry beyond that.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
True that. Was just kind of curious Im not going to finish the pocket or anything so that stamp will be there as long as I own the guitar. Mystery for another day

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
I was over there today checking it out and playing that striped guitar and I think I got Dave all jacked up thinking it might be some rare Charvel late seventies body lol

I will say...the bumblebee is legit as hell. The trem is smooth and the fine tuners work and those old Charvel pickups are nice and clear too. Sweet axe. I think the hippie palm tree deluxe is going to become a black and white Frankenstrat. Extra cool score on both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts