Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, got this tonight as it was at a good price. GK 700RBII and a Mesa Powerhouse 610 cab. Sounds killer and a nice bit more roundness to it than the 410. The GK head is kinda cool, although the basses I have don't seem to want to play nice with it. Even took a pic of the two rigs side by side for shits and giggles though the smaller one is bound for Gumtree tomorrow as I really don't need 2 bass rigs. I don't really need one but fuck it, I like to make noise.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
That cab looks killer V6.:yesway:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

It's a substantial amount my friend. Paired with the GK it's just massive amounts of clean loud thump. As I said, the halogen lights in the room and the next room over were knocked from their sockets. :lol:

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
haha i can imagine, my bass player has a Marshall 8x10 and its fudging insane how much air that thing shifts. that must be pretty close in output! I know literally nothing about bass amps/cabs but thats a sweet looking rig you've got there :yesway:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Fuckin awesome man, Mesa cabs are KILLER, as are GK amps. I have a 212 and 210 stack, so I can only imagine how much air 6 10s move!

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Nice rig man.
Back when I was playing bass I had an 800 rb with two Mesa powerhouse cabs. The older ones each with a 15 and 4 10's in each cab.
The Fukin thing blurred vision at half volume. It ruled \m/

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

Those powerhouse 1000s were mental. We had one in the studio and it was like a punch to the gut. This thing is just as mental and it retains the quick tracking of the 10s which is awesome. Now to go find a band and go play bass for a while.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Not sure if it was a 1000 but this was it. Two of em. Ridiculous!!!

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
I'd rock any of those cabs, throw a SVT2-Pro on one and bass tone for days. I looked into Powerhouse cabs fora while when I was in a band. They are br00tal.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Yeah they rule. Weigh a Fukin ton too

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
That is the only downside, but IMO the tone more than totally makes up for the weight.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure if it was a 1000 but this was it. Two of em. Ridiculous!!!
Yup, that's the 1000. We had the later Powerhouse version, that's the older Diesel series and most of them came with the killer EV drivers and no control over the tweeter like the new ones but they sounded just as fuckin' killer.

Ive been having some fun rockin' out on it with a cheap old Morris bass I bought for $50 that I just connected the p bass pickup direct to the jack and it sounds monster. Plugged in the higher end basses and it sounded even better but I don't have a decent precision style bass so I'll have to change that as the P bass style sounded like a match made in heaven.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Oh yeah p bass all the way dude. Still sounds best to me too.
I was using a pj style sr 400. It was godly

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love my ATK generally but am now really digging the compressed thud of a single passive P style pickup. Surprisingly it was Scarling, a shoe gaze band, that got me into the P bass recently when I read about what bass he used for their second album. Sounded awesome.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I bet that sounds awesome, but frankly what I imagine it must weigh would keep me from ever getting one. Nice bit of studio kit though!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bet that sounds awesome, but frankly what I imagine it must weigh would keep me from ever getting one. Nice bit of studio kit though!
134 lbs to be precise. However the tilt back castors and handles make it a breeze to get around and the rear has plastic skids for hauling it up into the car or stage without fucking the tolex.

Oh yeah p bass all the way dude. Still sounds best to me too.
I was using a pj style sr 400. It was godly
Also I'm totally craving some Sandberg action. Played one the other day and almost melted it was that good.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
I love my ATK generally but am now really digging the compressed thud of a single passive P style pickup. Surprisingly it was Scarling, a shoe gaze band, that got me into the P bass recently when I read about what bass he used for their second album. Sounded awesome.
Yeah something about that p style pickup in general just sounds killer!
I also enjoy it mixed with the j style.

The emg pj setup I thought sounded miraculous thru that setup. Thunderous. The sustain was so even and compressed sounding, and just rang out forever it seemed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts