Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone's seen this, but here's the RGA8 from Matt. Thanks again dude! :metal:

I just got back from a golf tourney and only played it for about 20 seconds, but it's definitely a fun little toy. :D Will post some thought on it once I have time to fiddle with it a bit!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, that, I can say, absolutely sucks. :lol: It's also kidn of sharp at the edges, so the first time I went to hit it I thought I sliced my friggin' hand open. :lol:

'Tis useless. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
WHOA IT'S BLACK BUT YOU H8 BLACK!!!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yessir, traded away a pesky blue to add more glorious black to the collection! :wub:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
So, Ibanez cheaped out and ditched the EMG for nonames? Who would thunkit? :lol:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Glad you're enjoying her! I'm definitely enjoying the 1527, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the pickups once you give them a proper run through your rig!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, Ibanez cheaped out and ditched the EMG for nonames? Who would thunkit? :lol:
I think (don't quote me on this) that the 808's are for the 2228 since it's a prestige. This is the lower end model. Fit/finish on it is really, really clean though. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad you're enjoying her! I'm definitely enjoying the 1527, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the pickups once you give them a proper run through your rig!
My first impression after a couple of minutes is that they blow, and need to be replaced at some point. :lol: I knew that going in though, since I don't really like actives, and didn't care for the 808s either. My rig is a little scoopy sounding as it is, so that, plus these pickups, plus the ridiculous EQ switch and I'm all Rogered up. :lol:

String tension feels pretty good on this though, any idea what gauges are on it? The F# is a lot less flubby than the 2228 that I had was.

Where's your NGD thread? :squint:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Before i sold my RGA8, i did a back to back test with a friends RG2228, and the RGA8 pups sounded better (sadly), haha.
Probably, but to me, that's like saying that getting kicked in the dick is better than getting kicked in the balls. :lol:

Tone = subjective though. I'm just not an actives guy. These sound surprisingly good for cleans however. :yesway:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My first impression after a couple of minutes is that they blow, and need to be replaced at some point. :lol: I knew that going in though, since I don't really like actives, and didn't care for the 808s either. My rig is a little scoopy sounding as it is, so that, plus these pickups, plus the ridiculous EQ switch and I'm all Rogered up. :lol:

String tension feels pretty good on this though, any idea what gauges are on it? The F# is a lot less flubby than the 2228 that I had was.

Where's your NGD thread? :squint:
It's a custom 8-string gauge from La Bella I put on, 9-12-15-22-30-40-54-72 high-to-low. As far as the NGD, I was overly eager when I got the guitar and immediately ripped it out of the packaging...it wasn't until after I had it in my hands playing it I said to myself "...oh shit, I forgot the camera!" :lol:

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
It's a custom 8-string gauge from La Bella I put on, 9-12-15-22-30-40-54-72 high-to-low. As far as the NGD, I was overly eager when I got the guitar and immediately ripped it out of the packaging...it wasn't until after I had it in my hands playing it I said to myself "...oh shit, I forgot the camera!" :lol:
That's funny, yesterday I calculated the ideal gauges for a 27" scale 8-string, and those are exactly the gauges I came up with! Clearly you have good taste, sir! :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Probably, but to me, that's like saying that getting kicked in the dick is better than getting kicked in the balls. :lol:

Tone = subjective though. I'm just not an actives guy. These sound surprisingly good for cleans however. :yesway:
You... use cleans? :scratch: :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You... use cleans? :scratch: :lol:
:lol: Well the last couple of (handy/online) things that I have recorded are this (with a fuckin' terrible scratch solo):

http://www.metalguitarist.org/chris/cf-dialin.mp3

and this:

http://www.metalguitarist.org/chris/12-test2.mp3

So yeah. :lol: :wub:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts