Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My adventure with the Randall RD20H nearly over (PayPal is involved and will return my money to me), I decided to use a Black Friday 15%-off coupon I received from Guitar Center. I chose the 6505 MH after all, but felt I would rather purchase from a local music store - as it turned out, the local store was willing to honor Guitar Center's coupon.

So... here it is, 6505 MH - currently running through a 4x12 Blue Voodoo cabinet or a 1x12 w/ an Eminence Patriot Texas Heat. I ended up trading for the cab and a ring modulator pedal (already sold). It wasn't loaded with Celestion V30's, it was Eminence customs in it, but I like the sound of them so I figured I'd go for it and sell it if I didn't end up liking it.

It sounds great. And now I can turn it up without making the dogs bleed out their assholes. The RGA with the Titans running through the lead channel sounds especially tasty.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
And I finally plugged the Banshee 7 into this. Banshee > Tube Screamer > 6505 MH Clean w/ eq at 5, 7, 6 and resonance at 5 and presence at 7 >Blue Voodoo Cab on 1W = thunder for fucking days. And the RGA into this same setup will eat your face. Really enjoying playing right now.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Glad it worked out for you in the end Keith. I'm not familiar with the Randall but I think you'll be happier with the 6505 anyway :yesway:

·
Taco Six-Niner
77 Posts
I can't get the 15% coupon to work on the 6505 MH.

Interstate Music has a 20% off but they won't use it on the 6505MH either, something about minimum advertised price and everyone has to sell it for the same. :(

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I can't get the 15% coupon to work on the 6505 MH.

Interstate Music has a 20% off but they won't use it on the 6505MH either, something about minimum advertised price and everyone has to sell it for the same. :(
Work with whom? Guitar Center? Look at the exclusions... Peavey is not listed. If it's GC, press the issue - that's a horseshit excuse they could use on any product they sell.

And if that doesn't work, go to Twitter. GC's customer service can step in if you're vocal about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts