Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opps I did it again... Last week checking out Mesa Boogie listings and freshly listed was a Rev G dual rec started at $750 with $28 shipping. I have been watching these 2 Channels for the last few months and know on average they are selling for about $850 to $900 on ebay and Craigslist for the Rev G's so I stupidly placed the opening bid thinking hey there is 10 days left someone will outbid me, well guess what......no one did. :pissed:

This kind of sucks because I am very happy with my 2 channel triple that I bought just recently but being the person I am I was not going to back out of a sale, I made the commitment so I paid for it. Anyway comes with a Switch Doctor 2 button foot switch, one for channel and one for Effects loops so that is a bonus and I am hoping he throws in the cable he shows attached to it. Comes with no back bar which neither did my triple but I found a guy that gets them directly from Mesa and only charges about $14 so I will order one through him, the cabinet also needs slight repair as one of the pieces of wood that holds on that back bar is missing but that is an easy fix and also needs some cleaning.

Like my Triple this one comes with brand new JJ tubes so sonically they should sound the same so I am going to compare this one to the 2 channel triple I have and keep the one that sounds best, if they sound sonically the same (I know the triple with tighter bottem) I will keep the dual and get rid of the triple as I don't need that much headroom.

So here are the pictures from the Ebay Site.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Well done. I do the exact same thing but with Japanese auctions. It's how I ended up buying 3 new RGs in the last 3 weeks. XD

Terrible habit but at least it's one that doesn't really lose us any money and sometimes even makes some.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, my problem is I have way too many amps already and with in the last month picked up a 2 channel triple, I also currently have a Roadking and Roadster so I have the Rectifiers pretty much covered LOL

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Todd: making sure Leon doesn't own more Mesa amps. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Todd, this is getting a LITTLE out of hand. :lol: Here I am not *quite* able to justify both a Roadster and a Mark-V.

·
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Only 4? You poor thing.
Sad thing is it will actually be 5.5
JCM800 2203 I could not sell
Roadking 1
Stiletto Duece II
Mark V Mini
One of the 2 channel rectos.
Racto Co-owned with Dave

I am going to sell
Roadster
One of the two channel rectos
Mark III will more then likely be going up since I have the Mark V mini.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.