Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's that sound?

There, off in the distance.... It's getting closer......

Why, it's a good, ol' fashion bandwagon, just waiting to be hopped on!

After years of not being able to play my electric guitar with any decent amplification due to apartment life, I finally gave in and bought something to try to both alleviate my amp problems and kick me toward writing/recording an album (after delaying it... about 15 years. So, almost as long as Drew).

Note: I've had the MOTU for years; it wasn't part of my splurging.

Unfortunately, this all but certainly means I have to give up my prized Triple Rectifier. :( I wanted to take a picture of them together, but it's best that they not get to know each other. It'll just make putting the Old Girl down even harder. Man, trading tubes for a computer... Fuckin' eh.

I will say this, though - from my initial tests, the Axe sure can sound nice when recorded direct, and I know that I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what it's capable of.

You might even say that it's a Big Story.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
How is it a NAD? I don't see an amp in those pics. :scratch:

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is it a NAD? I don't see an amp in those pics. :scratch:
True enough. :(

Edit: On the other hand, I pulled an all-nighter after getting it, and was able to play with at least amplifier simulation for longer in one night than I've been able to run my Triple in 1 1/2+ years. To me, that counts for a lot.

Edit 2: Wow, tough crowd over here. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nice! It's not for everyone, but it sounds like it's perfect in your situation. More creativity and time to play = better for all.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! It's not for everyone, but it sounds like it's perfect in your situation. More creativity and time to play = better for all.
Like I said in my other thread - in any other situation, I'd never be caught playing a modeler full-time. Since I don't have a lot of choice, though, the only one that sounded genuinely good (if not something more superlative) was the Axe. Sucks to pay that much for not-tubes, though. :/

Having spent so many years steeped in the avant-garde classical world, I also needed something crazy versatile to accommodate my more recent influences. Not that I'm setting out to specifically find a middle ground between death/black metal and the "weird" classical world, but I'd like to have the tools to, should the situation merit it.

Unfortunately, I got it just before leaving Montreal for a week, so I'll be left to pine for it over my "working vacation."

My next step is to get a bass - preferably six-string. I'll probably be talking to you about that in the new year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts