Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got a package today that I have been waiting for since Feb 1. My gf told me it was at the house while I was at work, Came home on my lunch break to check it out, make sure it was in one piece. I opened the box up to this:

I bought this off a guy from the Schecter Forum and he was on here for a few week. Spider287. He got a Pod Pro and didnt need this anymore so I offered to buy it, since I been running a Fender Bass amp as a guitar amp for the past year. :lol:

A Line 6 Spider Valve MKII 112, this thing is fucking loud :lol: Also this is my first Tube amp.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind having one of those at some point. I'm not a big Line 6 fan, and I'd still want to have a tried and true all-tube amp for banging stuff out on, but those spider valve amps are a lot of fun and you can get some great sounds out of them. They're super versatile as well.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually wouldn't mind having one of those at some point. I'm not a big Line 6 fan, and I'd still want to have a tried and true all-tube amp for banging stuff out on, but those spider valve amps are a lot of fun and you can get some great sounds out of them. They're super versatile as well.
:agreed: That is sort of way I decided to go with it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
The clean channel on that thing actually really impressed me, and if it's a Bogner power amp I'd be curious to hear how it sounds turned up. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Nice. I really dig these. Wouldn't mind one just like this for dicking around on at home or cover band stuff if I ever did that sort of thing again.
Saw a local band a few years ago and one guy had a Diezel head and the other had a Spider Valve head. The spider valve was walking all over the Diezel. Maybe the guy didn't know how to set up the Diezel. That and I just don't care for them. :D
Either way, these are pretty sweet. :yesway:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't really gotten into modding the sounds yet but I found a few (Some default some He made) that really impressed me so far.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I tried the Mk I version of the Spider Valve when they first hit the stores, and i thought they sounded great. And VERY loud.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice first real amp... :yesway:
:lol: Thanks.

That thing looks clean as hell too! I like the line 6 reverb & chorus, too, happy NAD!
Yeah the guy pretty much only used it for Bedroom jamming and Recording some of his Guitar covers on Youtube. It was dusty as hell when I pulled it out of the box though I think because he did use it for the past 4 months or so.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Nice :yesway: I remember seeing a band where one guitarist used the head version of this through a 2x12, and the other guitarist ran NI Guitar Rig on a laptop through a Peavey Classic 30, and both sounded surprisingly great.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Nice find, grats!

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys and Yeah the guy has been trying to sell it for months its been up on ebay quite a few times, I told him I was looking for an amp and he said he'd hold it for me since no one wanted to buy it from eBay. :lol:

Also Shitty Playing Demo:

(It was 4am and my kids and gf were sleeping.. and I used the cameras mic for the sound :shrug:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts