Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fucking rack GAS.

This is unreal through the little 2x12 it's sitting on with no 2:90 options engaged and the volume at ~2. I can't wait to flatten my drummer with 2:90 in Modern pushing the volume to ~7.

And, since I really do love the sound of the Studio, but didn't really find it appealing in a live setting, I suppose it will live up to its name as a recording preamp only! Though, through the Torpedo live with it's power amp and cab sim, it's no slouch.

Attachments

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
:yesway:

i love that the e530 can still hang. Amazing little pre.

Anyone know if there's a difference between the red script and orange script versions? I've looked around before but never could find anything about it.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Four letters, and it's not MESA?

The fuck is this?
You're probably right. I should get a 6sp rack, and run the E530 and Studio in stereo into the 2:90. One needs to keep a Mesa Majority in one's rig :agreed:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just what you needed, more amps! :lol:
I actually sold my DC-10, and am planning on selling the Sovteks as well. No sense in keeping any low gain amps around, I mean, what am I in, a Dave Mathews Tribute Band?!

This leaves me with one always silent recording/jamming amp, and only 5 amps for live use! Only 5! HEY LOOK AT THAT SEXY SPLAWN OVER THERE THINK I NEEDS IT...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I actually sold my DC-10, and am planning on selling the Sovteks as well. No sense in keeping any low gain amps around, I mean, what am I in, a Dave Mathews Tribute Band?!
:dillon:

This leaves me with one always silent recording/jamming amp, and only 5 amps for live use! Only 5! HEY LOOK AT THAT SEXY SPLAWN OVER THERE THINK I NEEDS IT...
:dillon: :dillon:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
E530 is cool :flex:

I recorded two albums with one a few years ago. Engl E530 straight into a IR
Last night I was running the E530 into my Torpedo Live with a power amp sim and IR, and it was awesome. Though, I didn't like the "Contour" mode, and thought it sounded kinda like it was in a tin can. Holy fuck, Contour is a different beast going into the 2:90. I really want to be able to switch it in/out, I think it'll be a cool lead-boost thing.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Last night I was running the E530 into my Torpedo Live with a power amp sim and IR, and it was awesome. Though, I didn't like the "Contour" mode, and thought it sounded kinda like it was in a tin can. Holy fuck, Contour is a different beast going into the 2:90. I really want to be able to switch it in/out, I think it'll be a cool lead-boost thing.
Yaah I think the Contour really depends on what you run it into (also, different IRs)

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
The e530 is a super good piece of kit, I used sims of it for my main tone for years. I'd love to own a real-deal one but the timing has just never worked out. People forget about it because it's just a preamp, but IMO it's one of Engl's best amps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.