Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the delay. I've been working insane hours this week. It arrived last Saturday & for those following my FB, I spent the entire weekend playing it at home & at rehearsal with a 6-piece band. I'm so glad I did this. Seriously impressed with how responsive it is. If you have any questions, ask away.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Loud enough to keep up with a rock drummer, I assume? What speakers are in those wide bodies? Also, this thread is worthless without clips!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loud enough to keep up with a rock drummer, I assume?
Yep, no problems at all. I was asked to turn down! :lol:
For the tone required for that band. I was running the volume at 5 & gain at 6 (these 2 heavily effect each other) through a single mesa 1x12 widebody cab.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And I have to give Sweetwater serious credit for customer service. When I made the purchase, they were out of stock, but had a demo version available. I bought a it for a bit of discount. It arrived last Thursday. Unfortunately, there was a problem with it. I contacted them Friday morning to return it. By then, they had new ones in stock again. They sent me the RMA label & per my request, they actually shipped me the new one via overnight saturday delivery. Seriously, how cool is that?

Sweetwater is awesome.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Fuck man I bet that has some serious tone to it.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah, they really are. Every single interaction I've had with them has been positive.
Aside from the constant calls from my sales representative asking if I want anything.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, they really are. Every single interaction I've had with them has been positive.
Same here. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years.

Aside from the constant calls from my sales representative asking if I want anything.
That can be changed. :yesway:

My rep is Dave Brow. He & the tech support guy (Jared Owens) went way above & beyond. Excellent guys.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
I like sweetwater, too. But my guy always calls me because he wrote down the kind of guitars I like, and calls with a really awesome one, but always forgets I'm left handed, so its pointless :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fuck man I bet that has some serious tone to it.
It's unbelievable. I've never heard another amp with such a huge variance in tones just from picking dynamics. Seriously, it just makes you WANT to play. While I'd love to have a BE100 or JJ100 in my arsenal, this entry level 20w is excellent for most applications.

The only thing that sucks is my pair of mesa 1x12s are 8ohms each & the amp only does 8 or 16 ohms, so that won't allow me to run both @ 4ohms. It looks like I'll have to replace the speakers for some 16ohm versions so I can run both at 8ohms. Right now, I'm thinking of replacing the C90s, which I love, with a pair of Celestion Creambacks. They get great reviews & they also happen to be the speakers found in the Friedman 1x12 cabs. If it ain't broke....

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
It's unbelievable. I've never heard another amp with such a huge variance in tones just from picking dynamics. Seriously, it just makes you WANT to play. While I'd love to have a BE100 or JJ100 in my arsenal, this entry level 20w is excellent for most applications.

The only thing that sucks is my pair of mesa 1x12s are 8ohms each & the amp only does 8 or 16 ohms, so that won't allow me to run both @ 4ohms. It looks like I'll have to replace the speakers for some 16ohm versions so I can run both at 8ohms. Right now, I'm thinking of replacing the C90s, which I love, with a pair of Celestion Creambacks. They get great reviews & they also happen to be the speakers found in the Friedman 1x12 cabs. If it ain't broke....
You should try a Budda if you like touch dynamics.

Also, if you wire the speakers together in series, you'll get a 16 ohm load rather than the 4 ohm load.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You should try a Budda if you like touch dynamics.

Also, if you wire the speakers together in series, you'll get a 16 ohm load rather than the 4 ohm load.
1. You mean a Buddha cab or amp? My band mate has a Buddha setup. Great stuff.
2. Well, I don't know how I'd wire them like that since they are in different cabs.
I would prefer to have 16 ohm cabs so I can use one or both.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
There's a Friedman dealer in town and they are getting that amp in soon it might be the one time I'll actually like going to a music store.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice, this is on my short list for next amps. Either this or the Recto-Verb 25 is next up :yesway:
I wasn't really impressed with the Recto 25, but the Mark V:25 is pretty sweet. Another bandmate has one going through the Mesa Compact Recto 2x12. Great combo.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's a Friedman dealer in town and they are getting that amp in soon it might be the one time I'll actually like going to a music store.
Mark sure they don't mind you cranking it for a bit. Get those power tubes cooking & definitely play with the master volume & gain. You'll see. :)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
This. You can buy a series box, or build one with three jacks, an enclosure, and some heavy gauge wire :wub:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts