Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got this
today for $130 bucks used. but in near perfect condition..Ill post pics of mine later :lol:

cuz I'm too lazy right now...:fawk: but its the grey color.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
quite a bit more than I would've paid.
actually my gf paid for it...
and for what it is, i like it. I'm using my line 6 floor pod infront of it. Oh and I guess I should also metention I live in an apartment that getts bitchy with noises so I had to get a small amp

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Oh I have nothing against the amp. I used to have an MG15 as my main practice amp. It's just that the MG30 only went for 160 new a few years ago.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Congrats. :yesway:

But really, if you're able to get the sounds you need with it, then rock on! Pop a V30 in there, and it might sound pretty damn good.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats. :yesway:

But really, if you're able to get the sounds you need with it, then rock on! Pop a V30 in there, and it might sound pretty damn good.
:metal:

and i think this amp was a newer model. i dunno, im happy 8 months without an amp was killing me :lol:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I started out, I actually gigged with one of these for a year:

10 watt of pure horror :)
You can gig with anything if you're forced.
^ :agreed: I saw a 3-piece once where the guitarist was using a very small Orange combo, but actually sounded great miked up through the PA (at the Opera House in Toronto no less).
IF I ever had to gig with a small amp thats what I would do actually. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Congrats. :yesway: I know a lot of people on here don't like Marshalls for some reason, but I like them. That amp's a little too small to gig with, but looks great for bedroom practicing.

I tried to play with other musicians when I had a 10 watt amp (the first amp I owned. Every amp after that was at least 50 or 100 watts), but the drum sound alone drowned it out. With my 100 watt amps, I could be a lot lot louder than the drums if I wanted. 10 or 15 watts is just not gonna be heard against raw drums... which are fucking LOUD.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats. :yesway: I know a lot of people on here don't like Marshalls for some reason, but I like them. That amp's a little too small to gig with, but looks great for bedroom practicing.

I tried to play with other musicians when I had a 10 watt amp (the first amp I owned. Every amp after that was at least 50 or 100 watts), but the drum sound alone drowned it out. With my 100 watt amps, I could be a lot lot louder than the drums if I wanted. 10 or 15 watts is just not gonna be heard against raw drums... which are fucking LOUD.
Yeah I did jam with a few guys a while back when i had the vypyr 30, we mic'd all the amps to a pa system though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts