Metalguitarist.org banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Have you ever actually spent more than 10 minutes playing any Diezel or just talking out of your arse because it's cool to hate on Diezel? :lol: It's basically all of their big amps in one box, with a butt load of Universal Audio plugins built in.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never pay Diezel prices in the US, but when you consider I think ALL of their amps, are about the same price as a new Triple Rec or Mark V over here, and considerably cheaper than the likes of a Roadking or JP-2C, I can't help but feel a lot of the dislike of the brand has a heavy price bias on it.
A guy was here with two guitars and his VHX head, and was here for about an hour and half. I got to play it, listened to him play it. He was looking for cabs. For a $4800 head, it was shamefully average.

So, you know, go fuck yourself. :yesway: :D

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,247 Posts
A guy was here with two guitars and his VHX head, and was here for about an hour and half. I got to play it, listened to him play it. He was looking for cabs. For a $4800 head, it was shamefully average.

So, you know, go fuck yourself. :yesway: :D
So, there's a price bias then? ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Vince. Would you mind checking how well it sounds at bedroom levels? Does the master volume knob behave better than on the Mini/Rectoverb (ie, not go from 0 to LOUD immediately)?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Hi, Vince. Would you mind checking how well it sounds at bedroom levels? Does the master volume knob behave better than on the Mini/Rectoverb (ie, not go from 0 to LOUD immediately)?
yes it does, without a doubt. That's why I give zero fucks about selling my ROV25.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
i mean, is it rocket science? it's $4800 and doesn't have the features or sound of a $4800 amp (I'm not sure what amp DOES have the sound and features of a $4800 amp though). if i bought an E-II guitar for $4000 it'd be preposterous. they're great guitars, but for that much money it'd be dumb to buy one. I love Engl but they're also stupid overpriced in the US, and it's just not worth spending the money.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
i mean, is it rocket science? it's $4800 and doesn't have the features or sound of a $4800 amp (I'm not sure what amp DOES have the sound and features of a $4800 amp though). if i bought an E-II guitar for $4000 it'd be preposterous. they're great guitars, but for that much money it'd be dumb to buy one. I love Engl but they're also stupid overpriced in the US, and it's just not worth spending the money.
The VHX actually does have a ton of features in it, more so than any other amp. And yeah, the import factor weighs into it. It just doesn't sound very good. No idea about the D-Moll, Paul, Herbert or any other Diezel; just the VHX. Just putting that disclaimer in there, so :cunt: doesn't get upset. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
The VHX actually does have a ton of features in it, more so than any other amp. And yeah, the import factor weighs into it. It just doesn't sound very good. No idea about the D-Moll, Paul, Herbert or any other Diezel; just the VHX. Just putting that disclaimer in there, so
doesn't get upset.
I have 2 diezels, dmoll and hagen and they are every bit as good as my dual rec sound wise, far superior in terms of features, just tonally different. No idea about the vhx but as my friend owns a herbert mkiii I gave played most diezels and would be surprised if the vhx was indeed average. Probably just not to your tastes.

Price wise diezels were actually cheaper here than mesa till not that long ago now its pretty even in the uk.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I have 2 diezels, dmoll and hagen and they are every bit as good as my dual rec sound wise, far superior in terms of features, just tonally different. No idea about the vhx but as my friend owns a herbert mkiii I gave played most diezels and would be surprised if the vhx was indeed average. Probably just not to your tastes.

Price wise diezels were actually cheaper here than mesa till not that long ago now its pretty even in the uk.
I believe it. The VHX is either an outlier or so far away from what I like that I was disappointed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of the selling points of this thing is that it's TIGHT. I wonder whether it's not "too" tight, though, to the point where it's a one-trick pony only good for palm-muted chugs and djents?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Jeff only plays Foghat covers so if he likes it chances are it's not too tight.
Correct! Whilst it's the tightest Foghat gain I've ever heard, it's still not over the top at all.

FYI, I only use clean and crunch; crush is too much gain for me. :D

121 - 138 of 138 Posts