Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news: they were able to make it for me with the black diamond plate faceplate.
Bad news: the memory card in my camera took a shit, so I only have a crappy camera phone pic.

I've got nothing new to say about the tone, since I've said it all before. It just slays. It's nice to be able to give my buddy back his amp, though, since mine is finally here. Plus, the black plate and chrome chassis looks killer. :metal:

Odd things you find out reading the manual: the first gain stage is V2, not V1. I've been putting the Tung Sol in the wrong damn spot. :lol: Guess I'll be changing that tonight.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Black diamond plate does look better than that croc-skin stuff they usually use.

Congrats on finally having one of your own!

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Looks great, i saw Andy Timmons play one of these last night and his tone was godly;

How do you like it compared to your old dual rec?

·
Guitarist/The Purge
846 Posts
Looks friggin' awesome :agreed:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
About how long did it take, from purchase to delivery?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you like it compared to your old dual rec?
Rectos have that low mid "thwump" to the sound when you chug on them, which is the only thing I miss. However, since we already have a Triple in the band, it's not like I need to add any more of that to the sound.

What it does have is that upper midrange brilliance and complexity that I love about a great Marshall, but with that tight Mesa bottom end. It also just sings for leads, and is a wonderful complement to the Recto for damn near everything.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Fucking holy mother of motherfuck that's fucking hot.

Fuck.

[action=Drew]has no Stiletto envy, totally loves Dave's old Roadster, but that's a sexy motherfucker of an amp.[/action]

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
My stiletto spend the night crying, it felt so used, because once something prettier came along it was thrown to the side.

Good news: they were able to make it for me with the black diamond plate faceplate.
Bad news: the memory card in my camera took a shit, so I only have a crappy camera phone pic.

I've got nothing new to say about the tone, since I've said it all before. It just slays. It's nice to be able to give my buddy back his amp, though, since mine is finally here. Plus, the black plate and chrome chassis looks killer. :metal:

Odd things you find out reading the manual: the first gain stage is V2, not V1. I've been putting the Tung Sol in the wrong damn spot. :lol: Guess I'll be changing that tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Hey Noodles, i have been a fan of your band before i talked to you; i picked up one of the earlier CD's used at a music shop in San Diego earlier in this decade.

What do you guys have going on thats new? Any new songs / recordings?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, the new disc just went off to mastering. :D

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
nice!
those look way better like that!
congrats! HNAD!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My stiletto spend the night crying, it felt so used, because once something prettier came along it was thrown to the side.
So, the wife didn't let you spend two hours jamming through it when you got home? :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fucking holy mother of motherfuck that's fucking hot.

Fuck.

[action=Drew]has no Stiletto envy, totally loves Dave's old Roadster, but that's a sexy motherfucker of an amp.[/action]
Umm, also mean as hell looking...

I do kinda miss it. The thing is a Swiss Army knife, and has the least Recto-like leads of anything in the line. I definitely feel that I made the right decision for the band, though, since I think Mike will sell his Triple at the same time as his Soloist. :lol:

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Got about 20 minutes of play time, will put it through more paces this weekend when i can pull the other mesa cab out of the room.

So, the wife didn't let you spend two hours jamming through it when you got home? :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Man, that's a cool looking amp Dave. Now if you'd ordered it with a black control plate too, I might have had to come over there and steal it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts