Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pinnacle to the Pit
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I picked this up from RGhoarder. :yesway: This is my first Mesa and I'm very, very, very pleased so far.

I blew the money I was saving to put towards a cab, but damn it, it's a Mesa! The cab can wait. I'll just continue using my friend's 2x12 until he decides to take it back or I finally get myself one.

Technically, I received this yesterday, but I bought it knowing the reverb wasn't working, so I wanted to try and fix that before I posted this.

So, taking this thing apart was, in fact, a bitch.

I should rephrase that last statement. Pulling it apart was pretty simple, getting the reverb tank out (and back in) without being able to see the screws on the back side was a bitch. If they would have installed the tank with the phono connections facing out, this would have been a 5 minute fix.

As you can see from the picture above, the wire pulled out of the male connector. (The picture is of the male connector stuck in the jack.) So, all I had to do was pop it out, solder the wire back into the jack and bingo; We have working reverb!

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Glad to see it worked out for ya.

I didn't think the reverb was anything too concerning - I just didn't really have the time to open it up and take a good look.

Enjoy it man!

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Awesome, awesome score, man. Recto for sub $500..? Idk why the hell this didn't sell once it hit around $600.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
It worked out fan-fucking tastic for me too cause well.. US dollars > Canadian dollar :)

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Well, I take into consideration what I need in Canadian, and then convert to US. Makes sense seeing as more of you are American!

The one thing I'm going to miss about this amp is how tasty it sounded running my od9 in front of it.

I'm pretty happy that it went to someone appreciative so, it's a good day! I wouldn't hesitate to work with LWKeeping again!

·
Pinnacle to the Pit
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I take into consideration what I need in Canadian, and then convert to US. Makes sense seeing as more of you are American!

The one thing I'm going to miss about this amp is how tasty it sounded running my od9 in front of it.

I'm pretty happy that it went to someone appreciative so, it's a good day! I wouldn't hesitate to work with LWKeeping again!
Aw, shucks :wub:

The feeling is mutual, sir! Simple, easy transaction.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I feel like we need to break the tension...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts