Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all the Mark sounds I could want right now, but I've been jonesing for a recto again. I sold my triple rec when I left my last band, and I've had two Mini rec's in the past that I just didn't jive with. I know this is 99% the same amplifier, but for some reason I'm just getting along better with the rectoverb than the mini's. The only physical differences to the circuit (to my knowledge) are the addition of a choke and the reverb tank, but I'm loving the sound of this, especially with the gain cranked in pushed mode with a TS9 slamming the front. Like any recto it kills for dense metal sounds as well, though I still prefer the JP2C and Triaxis/2:90 for recording tighter rhythm lines.

Either way, hey I blacked it out with knobs my aging eyes can actually see, threw on my trademark recto purple light, and I'm enjoying playing a rectifier again after a couple years without a suitable one.

Is this the border between lunchbox amps and full size? The RV25 is considered a mini head, and the JP2C a full size, but that's more wattage and weight, they're effectively identical in size:

Attachments

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:denzel:

I assume it came with those same what-the-fuck chrome knobs that come on the Roadster? I do not miss those one bit.

Happy NAD man, clips!

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume it came with those same what-the-fuck chrome knobs that come on the Roadster? I do not miss those one bit.
They're so bad! Older rectos had silver knobs with a yellow dot, these new ones are silver knobs with silver dots. Ridiculous, I had to change them out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That looks so cool! I prefer the looks of this one over the Mini Rectifier that I have, it's a bit bigger right? The mini recto is tiny. Either way, the mini sounds AMAZING and I prefer it over my Dual Rectifier actually. I'm sure yours sounds killer too! Enjoy!

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Ola did a demo of a full fat Rectoverb a little while back and it made half consider moving back to tube amps. It sounded killer.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I know this is 99% the same amplifier, but for some reason I'm just getting along better with the rectoverb than the mini's. The only physical differences to the circuit (to my knowledge) are the addition of a choke and the reverb tank, but I'm loving the sound of this, especially with the gain cranked in pushed mode with a TS9 slamming the front.
I was actually annoyed when the RV:25 came out, since I was a Mini Recto early adopter. The RV has that ch2/modern gut punch that the MR lacks. I use mine in the cover band, so I'd have personally bought the 1x12 combo, but both are great sounding amps. Nice score! :yesway:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I've enjoyed playing through those every time I get the chance. Killer amp, and Dave's right, they have more thump than the Solo mini has. :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
They're so bad! Older rectos had silver knobs with a yellow dot, these new ones are silver knobs with silver dots. Ridiculous, I had to change them out.
ITT: Your mod team got old. :lol:

I really liked this amp - it's not as metal as a full Recto, but it does heavy hard rock awfully well, great lead sounds, and doesn't look as god-awful as the Mini Recto. If I wasn't already a Roadster owner when these were released I'd have been very tempted.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
The old model 50/50 came with those tophat knobs.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not feeling terribly creative right now, feel like I need to bust out of a musical rut, but I at least did a quick tone test with this amp and got it to sound pretty decent. I took James' (7DT) advice and doubled down on the overdrives for a bit of a gain stack and it led to this tone I'm pretty happy with.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
I'm not feeling terribly creative right now, feel like I need to bust out of a musical rut, but I at least did a quick tone test with this amp and got it to sound pretty decent. I took James' (7DT) advice and doubled down on the overdrives for a bit of a gain stack and it led to this tone I'm pretty happy with.

Dig it! Now use that in a SAW :yesway:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts