Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today I picked up my new amp. Guess what, can't try the fucking thing out till tomorrow :pissed: Should really get some speakers ordered for my cab and get it finished. My mate is gonna lend me his Genz-Benz 2x12 for a week so I can take it to practice with both of my bands and tear the shit out of it!

Nao. Onto the goodies.

P.S. FUCKING INVISIBLE BASTARD DUST!

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, the 4x12's are £599! Plus, by the time I've got enough for another cab, I can just finish my own and use that for the time being. Gonna get the tolex to match the head for my cab. It's beyond me why Blackstar don't do a Series One 2x12, since they do a Series One 2x12 combo. I'm not a fan of speakers that aren't level with each other, so the HT212 is ruled out too :(

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
600 quid? For that you can get an orange 4x12!
I wasn't impressed by the blackstar cabs when I tried my mates series one 100, it sounded a lot better through a Mesa 4x12 IMO.
I really liked them oddly enough :lol: Since I'm building my own, I don't see cabinets being an issue any time soon. I still want a Vader 2x12 though :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you guys think of putting a white cold cathode behind the grill and hidden out of sight up top? Think it will looks tits or complete shite?

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I took it to band practice on Sunday night with the punk band I'm in called The Muffwigs. I don't switch my tones between this band and the hardcore band I'm in, so I set it up for hardcore. Fuck me does this thing SLAY! I had Master volume at 9 o'clock before it was at level with the drummer, with the DPR on 100w, and each channel volume at noon. I had a quick riff about with some of the other bands tunes and it sounds brutal. I'll give a full metal report on Wednesday :metal:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.