Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Dream Crusher
21,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got my NAD 7100 on eBay. Sounds great with the Event 20/20s so far... small hole in the upper bass/lower mids (easily countered with the bass knob when not monitoring), but great otherwise.

Only problem is, the left channel is intermittent. It seems to take a little while to warm up before it kicks in. Is there an easy fix, or am I stuck hauling this thing off to a tech?

Basically, I got it from eBay for $121 shipped, so I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to get it fixed/cleaned/whatever. Bastard took three weeks to get it to me, so I'm a little unhappy already.

NAD 7100 vtg Stereo Receiver 60 Watts per & Pre-Amp - eBay (item 270635878304 end time Sep-22-10 15:29:03 PDT)

· Dream Crusher
21,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once it cuts in and out a little bit, it seems to work fine, so I'm guessing it's heat-related. Haven't checked the other set of speaker terminals yet. Appreciate it!

· Dream Crusher
21,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the "B" speaker outputs work fine. It's just the A Left channel that's fucked up, and right now it won't make any sound at all. I'm using the "B" outputs, and it's not a HUGE deal, but it's annoying.

It's a case of "you get what you pay for", but should I worry about this problem spreading or possibly damaging something else?

· Dream Crusher
21,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have been an asshole and told him I'm sure Drew has a great working stereo at his house Josh can go use. :lol:

Sorry, Josh. Sometimes my sense of "humor" gets the better of me. :D
I'm never going to live that down, am I :lol:

Thanks for the tips though :yesway:

· Dream Crusher
21,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude, thanks Ryan! That is much appreciated! I shall take his advice and just enjoy it on output B for now, but that's good to know that if it happens again it's likely to be a button issue.

· Dream Crusher
21,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aaron loves NADs :yesway:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.