Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this new back at the end of January - originally quoted 7-9 weeks. Corona shut down their workshop in Malaysia until early last week.... they finished it and shipped it out Thursday. Yesterday it arrived at my door.

Meet Ceriatone, Son of Yeti. This little thing is going to be fun to play with. Pretty damn loud for 20 watts too.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Real quick clip, very sloppy (I suck), and I have no real recording skills, but here you go...

Deleted that shit...

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I uploaded a new clip.. definitely wasn't happy with the last one. Also got the casters for my Mesa cab today so it is off the ground and less boomy/muddy as well as messed with mic positioning (I still suck but I think this sucks less). This was done at TV volume.

My thoughts - I love hot rodded Marshalls. My favorite recorded guitar tone of all time is AIC Dirt which is a Bogner modded JCM800. It will do everything from Plexi to gained out modded JCM800. There is still a ton of gain on tap even compared to the settings I used. The gain knobs take some getting used to since they interact. The eq controls are pretty flexible, as are the era and bright switches... I bounce between modern and 80s mode on the Era switch and don't know which I like better.

It is also loud as fuck for a 20 watter. It uses 6V6s which I tend to prefer over the EL84s. I've seen photos of the builds and they do great work.

I need to get to writing again as well as maybe find a band to gig in when things open up down the road.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ok, I uploaded a new clip.. definitely wasn't happy with the last one. Also got the casters for my Mesa cab today so it is off the ground and less boomy/muddy as well as messed with mic positioning (I still suck but I think this sucks less). This was done at TV volume.

My thoughts - I love hot rodded Marshalls. My favorite recorded guitar tone of all time is AIC Dirt which is a Bogner modded JCM800. It will do everything from Plexi to gained out modded JCM800. There is still a ton of gain on tap even compared to the settings I used. The gain knobs take some getting used to since they interact. The eq controls are pretty flexible, as are the era and bright switches... I bounce between modern and 80s mode on the Era switch and don't know which I like better.

It is also loud as fuck for a 20 watter. It uses 6V6s which I tend to prefer over the EL84s. I've seen photos of the builds and their layouts are out of this world.

I need to get to writing again as well as maybe find a band to gig in when things open up down the road.

Hot damn, I need one of these. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts