Metal Guitarist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Sorry to ruin your conversation :fawk: but...
I finally got to jam with this at home. First off, holy crap is this thing loud. It has a Napoleon complex and then some. Playing on my 65 has made me kind of lazy, being that the amp somewhat plays itself. The Mesa is extremely transparent, and it lets you know when you're playing slop chops. The cleans on this were just about what I was looking for(CLEAN), and the gain is totally that Mesa sound. It's cool to have the "fuck your face" sound of the 6505 with the cleanliness and just... Sound of a Mesa. This thing was worth every penny, IMO, which is saying a lot. Highly recommended.
My only thought against this amp, is "Fuck, I could've got a used single/dual/triple rec for the price", bu optimistically speaking, this should have great trade value. Yeaaaah... :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Hey does this little guy tighten up pretty good with a boost up front? I've had my eye on one in my local GC.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Only kidding. I love drew. And he can have any three of my sisters with a voice as seductive as his. Although, one has autism... So... :wub:

Hey does this little guy tighten up pretty good with a boost up front? I've had my eye on one in my local GC.
Haven't tried it yet, only played it for like 4~ hours. It's awesome though, dude. You won't be disappointed. And you can barter for Mesa ATM.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Only kidding. I love drew. And he can have any three of my sisters with a voice as seductive as his. Although, one has autism... So... :wub:
I don't know if I'm touched or hurt. :lol:

I'm laughing my ass off, either way. :D

(And seriously, that's one of the most fun amps I've ever played you just bought. Enjoy, the thing just feels awesome!)

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Soxfan121292 said:
Sorry to ruin your conversation :fawk: but...
I finally got to jam with this at home. First off, holy crap is this thing loud. It has a Napoleon complex and then some. Playing on my 65 has made me kind of lazy, being that the amp somewhat plays itself. The Mesa is extremely transparent, and it lets you know when you're playing slop chops. The cleans on this were just about what I was looking for(CLEAN), and the gain is totally that Mesa sound. It's cool to have the "fuck your face" sound of the 6505 with the cleanliness and just... Sound of a Mesa. This thing was worth every penny, IMO, which is saying a lot. Highly recommended.
My only thought against this amp, is "Fuck, I could've got a used single/dual/triple rec for the price", bu optimistically speaking, this should have great trade value. Yeaaaah... :yesway:
Mesas make you a better player for the reason your cited: you can't hide behind them. The reward is amazing responsiveness to your playing, and it is now what I look for in an amp.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

Mesas make you a better player for the reason your cited: you can't hide behind them. The reward is amazing responsiveness to your playing, and it is now what I look for in an amp.
Yeah, man. I was playing noticeably cleaner on the Mesa. Now, I'm just having second thoughts on whether or not I should have used $999 to get a used 100W+ Recto. Guitar center employees loooove me.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Yeah, man. I was playing noticeably cleaner on the Mesa. Now, I'm just having second thoughts on whether or not I should have used $999 to get a used 100W+ Recto. Guitar center employees loooove me.
You've already got a 6505. Just keep the Mini. It's a really cool little head that's way different than your PV.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

:agreed:

As much as I love the Stiletto II, I still missed having a Recto around. The small power section, though, made it doubly cool, since the response and eq focus give it a completely different vibe from a big bottle amp.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Ill probably keep it for practicality, but I can't guarantee that there won't be another Mesa NGD soon :lol: fuck immature indecisiveness mixed with having more money than I should.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

Welcome to GAS. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
It's all about the eq focus.

You know, whatever the fuck that actually means in cork sniffer land. :lol:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
So hey, since this thread has been derailed as tits, would I be out of line to ask how I can run my effects on both amps, and use a footswitch to switch between amps(use the mini for cleans& such)?

41 - 60 of 77 Posts