Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since August, after I had COVID-19 and got postponed at CNA School, I took on a 2nd Job with my friend and one of my goals was to finally obtain a hand-made SOLDANO SLO-100 by Mike Solano himself. A God-given opportunity came up for me to get one and I took it. I worked like 70+ hours at times to get this amp and it is my favorite amp ever. I've always wanted one and it is crazy how "perfect" this amp is. It can do anything and I do mean that. It's nuts.

A lot of people told him and me, that this is the best SLO they've ever heard. My friend also told me this one of the last 10 Mike built in the last few years. Apparently, he didn't make many every year. This one is from 2015.

And now, I'm carrying the torch for it. :) Thank you Lord! I'll try to upload a proper video at some point. It's definitely a "Wicked Sensation!" ;) And yeah, it totally get's that tone if you want it.

Any recommendations on what Delays/Reverbs/Chorus's I should get for that lovely effects loop. Really don't want to buy a bunch of Strymon Pedals.

Have a great day guys and God Bless!

I guess also you could say, it's a NGD too. Because I bought that Washburn WM526 about 3 weeks ago. What size Floyd Nut do those come with? Because someone took the Original Floyd and put a crappy one with a crappy nut. I replaced it with a real Floyd but the R3 Nut still isn't wide enough.

SOLDANO SLO.jpg

SLO Wash.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Nice! Would love to try one but I'm not going to pay the asking price and I don't have the drive to get a second job fir one :lol:

Regarding delays/verbs I got a earthquaker devices avalanche run recently and I love it. Can do everything from subtle stuff for solos to massive, and I do mean massive texture style ambient tones. Also has expression pedal input if your into that.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Holy smokes Batman, thats one killer score!! Regarding pedals, I think you eliminated half the board with your Strymon hate lol... but I seem tp recall it working better with rack effects perhaps? I know they have updated the new models loop to play better with pedals.

Pop a delay in front for solos and be done...old school style.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
DD3 and an RV6 and you're set.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Nice! Would love to try one but I'm not going to pay the asking price and I don't have the drive to get a second job fir one :lol:

Regarding delays/verbs I got a earthquaker devices avalanche run recently and I love it. Can do everything from subtle stuff for solos to massive, and I do mean massive texture style ambient tones. Also has expression pedal input if your into that.
I have an avalanche run and its damn good. The only real take away is it doesn't display the BPM or have presets but it sounds very nice. It is a power hog(410mA!!) so if you have a cheap power supply it probably will not have enough juice to power it. Oh and you cannot change the delay/reverb order either.

I love the OBNE Dark Star reverb its one pedal that will always be on my board.

for a chorus just get a Walrus Julia they are amazing and also do a passable trem as well.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:denzel:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
It's good to see full sized valve heads are alive and well enough for these to be relevant again. They're rising in popularity (probably thanks to the youtube crowd jumping on board the new ones)... I've only ever played through 7DT's clone, but if that's anything to go by then it's a hell of an amp, and for my money one of the best I've ever played through.

It's good to see amps making a comeback full stop tbh, which is funny considering nobody's gigging any more :lol: There's some wildly over the top home rigs going on right now... But hey at least when we can gig again we'll all be rocking the sickest rigs :metal:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Nice! Would love to try one but I'm not going to pay the asking price and I don't have the drive to get a second job fir one

I have an avalanche run and its damn good. The only real take away is it doesn't display the BPM or have presets but it sounds very nice. It is a power hog(410mA!!) so if you have a cheap power supply it probably will not have enough juice to power it. Oh and you cannot change the delay/reverb order either.

I love the OBNE Dark Star reverb its one pedal that will always be on my board.

for a chorus just get a Walrus Julia they are amazing and also do a passable trem as well.
Yeah thats no lie, forget about daisy chaining an avelanche run :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I forgot to add, great ngd :lol: (work is work).

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
You absolute piece of shit. :lol: HNAD!

Catalinbread Talisman is amazing for reverb, but can be iffy with loops. Works fine for cleans if that's what you're looking for, but on my amps it starts overloading when I start to approach high gain. Sounds so friggin' good that it's worth the tradeoff for me, but ymmv.

Carbon Copy for delay.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
From what I see just make sure effects are line level output and the loop should be fine. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Yeah thats no lie, forget about daisy chaining an avelanche run
What do you mean by that? (Sorry language barrier
). I was looking at buying one.
You can't attach it to a daisy chain power supply like you can most pedals as it sucks too much power, needs plugged into its own power supply.

I definitely recommend getting one, particularly if you are into ambient stuff. Its a great pedal and very easy to use. I was looking g at other stuff with loads more parameters but I can't be fucked with the tweaking.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts