Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Awesome score.

Regarding the WM526, I would put the Schaller Floyd back in it. You might notice that the OFR saddle bolts extend past the Floyd cavity. Mine came with an OFR but luckily the Schaller was included. If you do any sort of pull ups or serious Floyd wankery, those bolts will hit the top of your guitar and probably leave a mark (ask me how I know). Schaller Floyds are top notch, they make (or made, not sure) the OFR and use hardened knife edges. Tuning stability is just as good as well.

I actually had someone make up some shorter bolts for the OFR and tried them, but the way the Floyd is they don't work.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Awesome! Those are so much fun to play, congratulations on landing a dream amp!

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I definitely recommend getting one, particularly if you are into ambient stuff. Its a great pedal and very easy to use. I was looking g at other stuff with loads more parameters but I can't be fucked with the tweaking.
Every demo out there is clean / ambiant stuff. I get that it does that very well, but how about with some gain?

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I definitely recommend getting one, particularly if you are into ambient stuff. Its a great pedal and very easy to use. I was looking g at other stuff with loads more parameters but I can't be fucked with the tweaking.
Every demo out there is clean / ambiant stuff. I get that it does that very well, but how about with some gain?
Yeah it works great for that also, you need really conservative settings so it doesn't sound crazy but it works really well for me.

High gain leads are what I use it for most often.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you for all the love guys, it's a dream come true! :wub:

I should have clarified when it comes to the effects loop. It doesn't use a "Normal" Delay, Chorus, Reverb, etc.
The Loop is 4+ Db. It can't take a "basic" pedal essentially. You have to use like Eventide, Strymon. I'd love to have the Eventide Rackmount buy they are stupid expensive.

And I assure you, no one ever demos these things right. I'm going to get you all some 80's/Metal loving with this amp.

This was my buddy's SOLDANO SLO-100 Rackmount with a Maxon Tubescreamer in front of it. It was a tremendous amp.
It will literally melt your face off and so unforgiving.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Well shit. Happy new amp day!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Enjoy your amp. They're incredible.

Be careful with time based effects the loop is very tricky with them. Unless you've got the channels very well balanced you will get a momentary volume jump when switching channels.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Nice! Would love to try one but I'm not going to pay the asking price and I don't have the drive to get a second job fir one

Regarding delays/verbs I got a earthquaker devices avalanche run recently and I love it. Can do everything from subtle stuff for solos to massive, and I do mean massive texture style ambient tones. Also has expression pedal input if your into that.
If only there was someone in the UK who could build you an affordable one...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts