Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 78 Posts

· Canis lupis robertus
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
******* is ME. :lol: Same results, and score is way close, too. (I got a 6, BTW, Jeffy. ;)

5. I got "low" on everything. :lol: That's a little surprising since I'm a fairly confident person.
I'm very confident, too, Tom. But narcissism and confidence are very different. You can 'believe' in yourself and your abilities, without feeling an over-inflated sense of worth. Probably an apt description of you and I.

For what's it's worth, while a little narcissism can be fine, even beneficial, and while many 'go-getters' and achievers seem to have somewhat higher levels of narcissism, it's generally not a very desirable trait.

I bet the average for most Facebook users is eleventy billion. :lol:

· Canis lupis robertus
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)
I don't feel its fair that thinking your body is awesome makes you narcisstic.
While I agree with your sentiment about monitoring progress, that's basically the textbook definition of narcissism, bro. :lol:

Dictionary said:
narcissism - 1. an exceptional interest in or admiration for oneself, esp one's physical appearance

· Canis lupis robertus
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Yeah but its the result of doing something for hours and hours and hours. Its like when you play something ridiculously fast and think to yourself, wow that's awesome.
Email Dr. Drew

· Canis lupis robertus
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I love some of the evasions and post facto explanations regarding this. :lol: I think people's reaction to the test is more telling in some ways than the test results themselves.

My personal opinion is that I'm not generally very keen on narcissistic personality traits, or rampant self-promoters. There seems to be an element of empathy missing. I think I enjoy people with a healthy dose of humility in my personal relationships more.

No surprise Ohio Eric and I are such good friends. This test does make him a humble person, or prove that he's no a narcissist - it just shows me what I already knew. :wub:

... I bet Jeff got a 40. :lol:

· Canis lupis robertus
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Final thought from me - I think it's an interesting test, but even though I acknowledge Dr. Drew's credentials and accomplishments, I still think he's a fuckin' tool half the time. :lol:

· Canis lupis robertus
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ny girl got a 2. I seem to definetly be attracted to people with a similar view as me (no surprise, most of us are) but people who are very non-narcissistic I tend to make deep relationships with. Interesting.

Of course, I hated the popular, arrogant, judgmental kids in school, who tended it seems to be pretty narcissist. So, I have very averse reactions to people on the opposite spectrum.

:lol: Of course, Jason isn't exactly low (although not high, thank goodness) and I love that dude. :wub:

1 - 18 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.