Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually it was yesterday.

So Stick Enterprises introduced a new hard anodized aluminum stick model recently:

The Railboard

I managed to score one from the first production run. Here's some shitty pictures!

The new pickup design. Generally passive. Can output stereo or mono into either tip or ring (left or right side). Tone knob on each side adjusts low mids and the passive mid filter knob adjusts the mids to 3 preset vowel sounds. If you plug it into a 1/4"->XLR cable, you can use phantom power in a mixer or preamp to make the pickup unit active.

Action at the nut

headstock bolts on to body

Thickest point of the body.

Inlays arent -- they're actually cut into the fingerboard. Bass strings have relief ground into the middle of the frets under the anodizing.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

:indeed:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (like MAGIC!)

Very cool. I am a little concerned about how well anodized aluminum frets will hold up.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wirelessly posted (like MAGIC!)

Very cool. I am a little concerned about how well anodized aluminum frets will hold up.
The strings are showing wear, and leavea bit of residue on the frets that wipes off easily. You can actually see some in the last pic. I'm considering changing the strings on the treble side to a different tuninig, so i might change the strings soon enough, and see what they look like afterwards.

All in all, I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kevin Keith's Groove is unreal. Check this bass part out:

He actually did the video announcement SE did for the new Railboard Model, too:

Here's a dude doing a video review of the railboard. He's got the same stick I do. There's actually four colors-- Brown, Red, Blue, Black.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Holy Christ. That looks really cool. Bass string in the middle? :scratch: what's the purpose of that?
And that groove in the second video sounds Dream Theater-esque.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
"Excuse me sir, you know the rules, you can't bring firearms on to the aircraft."
"Well, let me show you... my stick..."

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Shit, that's awesome. I've always wanted one of those things, but the one time I got to pick one up I was so absolutely lost on it that I didn't know what to do with it, haha. Are the prices on their site street or list?

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I stayed lost on mine for the whole 6 months I had it :) This one is really good loking, very tech! Congrats on the new instrument, I'm sure you'll be banging out tunes in no time.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts

King Crimson example of stick playing is best example of stick playing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts