Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Santa Cruz Hightower CC x01

Got a silly deal on a barely ridden bike and was able to get a much nicer bike than I anticipated on buying this year. Never was a fan of the VPP on Bronson or Hightower LT but I really liked my friend's 5010 and have really enjoyed the Hightower so far. The bars are way way too wide for a rider my height or anywhere with treegaps, but I suppose big bars are fashionable and it would be pretty cool if It were going to be living on flow trails. I'll probably keep the wide bar and buy something smaller incase I feel like throwing it on for a bike park or the likes. Going to get a bashguard and go from 30t to 32 t but otherwise I don't think I'm going to change a thing.

Super excited to have a sweet whip for this season. Heres a little vid of the first drop on the hightower.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Hell yeah man! :metal: I just got the new Nomad. Almost went with the HT but wanted the longer travel for enduro season.

I cut my bars down on my bikes. The trend is definitely wide bars right now but you know how trends are. The right bar width for you is whatever you feel comfortable with.

pics pics pics!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Fuuuuuuuuck yeeeeesssssss! :metal:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:worth:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
:metal:

4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm still hoping to buy a slash (favorite bike I've ridden so far) by the end of the year, but for the trails I can ride daily as opposed to semi-weekly based on off days and weather (not much near me now I'm out of Oregon) something that burly simply didn't make sense. Good number of bikes I hope to demo (particularly the new Ripmo/Sentinel) this year to see if anything knocks the trek off the top of my list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts