Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely had to pick up one of Nolly's Signature basses.

I have had his various Dingwalls and prototypes at my place for so long, but he ended up taking them back with him, so I needed something properly huge sounding for our Drop Ab tuning, and this thing is monstrous.

This bass is multiscale and it uses the Novax fanned fret system, which is fantastic and makes it 37" on the low side, meaning the low A is extremely clear and has a very rich fundamental tone to it.

The tone from the Alder body is further enhanced by an awesome preamp made by none other than Darkglass Electronics, and this eq really lets you shape your tone to best fit your mix.

It actually arrived in tune haha, I actually recorded something with it, might could post that up soon!

As far as the color goes, I clearly had to get this in Laguna Seca Blue because we all know that I have a pretty unhealthy obsession with that particular shade of my favorite color haha. Man they nailed that too.

Anyways here are pics:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Do you have a music room in your house painted that color? I think you have more guitars that color than I have guitars. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
If he painted his room that colour, he'd never find his guitars! GAME OVER, MAN!
:lol:

I gotta figure out the string gauges for my Dingwall. I vastly prefer coated strings, but I can't find a XL set long enough to really use on that 37" scale.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.