Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Cheap bass day!

I know nothing at all about it other than it's cool looking, sounds good, holds tune really well and sounds great into my DAW. I really didn't like the active preamp in the 505 I had, so I went and grabbed this instead.

For the amount of bass playing that I do (very little), it's perfect. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed it does. :yesway:

Threaded brass inserts instead of wood screws are such a nice touch. I have to RTFM to see exactly what each knob is assigned to, but this thing is great.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
I was worried for a second that you'd started to collect trans black Ibanez 5 strings. THEY ARE NOT POKEMONS AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO COLLECT THEM ALL.

D'ya reckon we start a "Countdown until Chris orders a Carvin bass" thread?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was worried for a second that you'd started to collect trans black Ibanez 5 strings.

D'ya reckon we start a "Countdown until Chris orders a Carvin bass" thread?
Nah. I'm not a bass player. I just like to have one handy for laying down boring basslines behind my shred crap. All I really need are the bottom two strings, but it's nice to have a 5 kicking around for actual bassists when they pop over to jam. :yesway: If I get another custom Carvin (and I will) it'll be a seven, and hopefully a singlecut if I can talk them into it. :lol:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I was worried for a second that you'd started to collect trans black Ibanez 5 strings. THEY ARE NOT POKEMONS AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO COLLECT THEM ALL.
:rofl:

Just thought it was funny due to the "Pokemon" line. My son collects those things and I just don't get the appeal. Drives me nuts when he talks to his sister about them (he sounds like a major geek).

OK - back on topic. Is that output jack shaped weird or is it the picture? I was assuming a jack similar to my SR400 but this looks different.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Hot.

That's a far better headstock design than the previous Ergo's (Drew/Kevan's). Way too much string pull.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
there is a 4 string in blue at the West Palm Guitar Center.. but the body is pretty beat up..

its a EDB400

$250 I think is the same body material as those Curbow basses

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I've always loved the ergodyne basses, I need to pick a bass up one day for recording.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I paid $200 for mine, basically half of what I paid for the 505. I know that a proper bassist wouldn't use something like this, but for what I want it for I'm extremely happy with it. It sounds great, intonates perfectly, the neck is true and it's really easy to play. Couldn't be happier with it. :yesway:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I paid $200 for mine, basically half of what I paid for the 505. I know that a proper bassist wouldn't use something like this, but for what I want it for I'm extremely happy with it. It sounds great, intonates perfectly, the neck is true and it's really easy to play. Couldn't be happier with it. :yesway:
:metal:

That guitar center has this Ibanez P bass style one for $230 also :lol: If I had the money I'd Probably try to pic that one up..Its the SPR400 according to GCs site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts